• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Sword of Mana
  3. Last Chance to Make This Work

User Info: Golden_Torizo

Golden_Torizo
3 years ago#1
So I've started this blasted game at least twice already and never got anywhere with it. This time I have some travelers to keep me in the game and hopefully some of you who know this one can keep all of us on track. So please, join us or follow and whenever you have advice, don't be shy about posting.

All are welcome to join... okay, since I like having a sword I guess I shall become a male. However, is the staff equal to the sword, and can I change it during the game? I need to read my previous thread, that question maybe already asked.

One thing for sure I need to know, is there a screen shot of where that figurine in the inn should be placed to get the money from the woman. I have yet to get paid for moving that thing.

Okay, Aramis, Athos... Porthos out... and hoping D'artagnan will join us. Starting soon so follow the thread. I hear this game is liken to FFA; well I've played that more than once, sooooo, we'll see.

Hang in there everyone. :)
Go to FunTrivia.Com and play my quiz- Dragon Warrior I for Game Boy Color. Don't 4get to rate it! Thanks

User Info: gamemaster712

gamemaster712
3 years ago#2
Screw the staff!!!!
Did the musketeers use a bloody staff?
Or they used a sword of some kind?
Sword all the way!!!
I'm going in now.
Lord of gaming!!! (probably) 3DS FC: 3411-1747-3961 Y: Sean; X: Lily; Serebii 4 Life; OGTG hax breeder/KCB
Life's too short for silly worries, have fun.

User Info: skater43

skater43
3 years ago#3
Been a while since I've read the book, but I don't recall the musketeers using staves. Of course, their name would suggest they used muskets, but don't recall them using those either. Anyway, going the sword route myself and off I go to see if I can go longer than my last playthrough (looks like that was back in 2007. Made it to level 1 and played for all of 16 minutes apparently. Shouldn't be too hard to beat that).
"Never again is what you swore the time before." - Depeche Mode, "Policy of Truth"

skater43
3 years ago#4
Well, I ended up having to leave for work a little early to pick some stuff up, so didn't get to play much. But I did make it to Topple and me and Traveling Girl made it to level 2, so I'm ahead of my previous attempt to play this. Picked up a geode plus a couple of chests en route to Topple, as well as some useless items, I mean, highly sought after and awesome items, in the grass looking for the book. Prolly ought to scope out one of the walkthroughs to see exactly what these items do or why I want them. Anyway, last I heard, G_T was having issues getting her game to load, so hopefully she was able to resolve that and will be able to catch up. Athos, how'd you make out/how far did you get today?
"Never again is what you swore the time before." - Depeche Mode, "Policy of Truth"

gamemaster712
3 years ago#5
Level 11.....
Time to bust up vampire and find the girl.....
Maybe I'm not as slow as I thought...
Lord of gaming!!! (probably) 3DS FC: 3411-1747-3961 Y: Sean; X: Lily; Serebii 4 Life; OGTG hax breeder/KCB

gamemaster712
3 years ago#6
FYI I look up what classes to focus on ASAP if I were you....
I screwed up bad....
Might have to restart but I'm quick with things so it's not a major loss...

skater43
3 years ago#7
Yeah? Have to think about that. I managed to hit Barbarian just by chance, which gives me a +5 with lance attacks. Unfortunately, at this point, I don't have a lance yet. Mostly sticking my points into Warrior, with a couple in Monk and Thief. Put one level in Magician, I think (one of the two spell casters), just because I was using a lot of Salamando to beat the zombies in Vignette Hall. Speaking of which, just took down the vampire, so I'm still a bit behind you, but catching up. Unfortunately, G_T will not be able to join us on this trek. Just can't get the game to load. So, she sends her blessings, wishes us good luck, and will prolly pop into this thread every so often to cheer us on.

gamemaster712
3 years ago#8
Back to where I am again....
I am the ULTIMATE NINJA!!!!

I might have to name my second file porthos as a spiritual successor to GT inability to play with us...
Stupid game won't load...
*grumble grumble

gamemaster712
3 years ago#9
Doing fairly well....
Over leveled and prolly gonna see what Gaia cave has to offer.
It's ma birthday and I feel kinda old.
No I'm not saying the number...

skater43
3 years ago#10
Hey, happy birthday, man.

Yeah, I'm overleveled a bit as well. Problem was I got stuck in the Marsh Cave for a while. Having played other Mana games, I figured out the "match the color, cast a spell on the orb" thing, but the first time I tried it, the spell missed or something. So, I thought maybe I'd missed something or that wasn't actually the solution or something, so did a lot of walking back and forth between areas and beating up a lot of monsters along the way. Did a bit of wandering trying to revive Undine as well, though not nearly as much as in the Marsh Cave area. As such, I just hit Wendell Coast at level 23. Have 9 levels in Warrior, 8 in Monk, 1 Magician, 1 Sage, 3 in Thief. Think I'm going to go through this one twice. First time, completely blind, do my wandering, but the levels where I feel and see how it goes. Once I beat it, I'll see about going through a second time, prolly as the Heroine, just to see her differences, and then check out the Class guide and make an effort to hit certain classes. We'll see. So far, my levels have worked, but we'll see.
  1. Boards
  2. Sword of Mana
  3. Last Chance to Make This Work
  • Topic Archived