• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Lost Kingdoms II
  3. Rare Proving Grounds Spawns

User Info: Donniedonz

Donniedonz
1 year ago#1
I notice that there are certain Spawns and Spawn Groups that only appear sometimes in various floors of the Proving Grounds. Let's list and discuss them here.

NOTE: I'm unsure if these spawn groups are calculated differently and/or have varying spawn percentages. Some events seem to be more rare than others.

Floor 3
Swarms of Orcs may spawn during the Fire Golem mandatory fight. This looks visually bizarre. Seems to be one of the rarer occurrences on this list.

Floor 4
Extra Asuras may appear in the Teleporter Room, as well as in additional rooms that may otherwise be empty.

Floor 8
A duo of Sphinxes may appear in the Teleporter Room along with a Behemoth and Gnome. Their repeated onslaught of Blastwaves can stunlock you if you're not careful, and with the Gnome's Earth Boost that damage will quickly add up.

Floor 12
In a couple of the rooms, several King Mandragoras can spawn. They take on a circular formation at the center of their respective room.

Floor 13
While not technically a rare spawn, I thought it worth noting that the two Pazuzus may not spawn in the Teleporter Room, as they're supposed to.

Floor 14
A Green Dragon may appear in the mandatory fight room, along with the standard Red Dragon and Brine Dragon. The Green Dragon is more dangerous than the others, as it can cover a large area with hitboxes for extended periods of time.

Floor 18
A Chaos Knight may spawn in front of the Teleporter. This seems to be a more common spawn with about a 50% chance of appearing.

Floor 19
Sometimes a Fafnir will appear in the 2nd corridor along with Black Dragon and Ryuhi. The Teleporter Room may also feature a Fafnir.
Floating Octahedral Shard

User Info: MooseEatsBear

MooseEatsBear
1 year ago#2
Donnie, have you ever seen a Jack-O-Lantern?

Donniedonz
1 year ago#3
MooseEatsBear posted...

Not since the Yyprek Mines.

MooseEatsBear
1 year ago#4
Donniedonz posted...
MooseEatsBear posted...

It's such a terrible shame. I'll keep hunting. All that's left is to find spawn triggers in the memory editor and see if there is one for Jack.

Donniedonz
1 year ago#5
MooseEatsBear posted...
Donniedonz posted...
MooseEatsBear posted...

It's such a terrible shame. I'll keep hunting. All that's left is to find spawn triggers in the memory editor and see if there is one for Jack.

If you’re datamining this game, I’d love if you could get me a couple sound files!

MooseEatsBear
1 year ago#6
Donniedonz posted...
MooseEatsBear posted...
Donniedonz posted...
MooseEatsBear posted...

If you’re datamining this game, I’d love if you could get me a couple sound files!

Sure! What are you looking for?

User Info: GrrMan

GrrMan
1 year ago#7
Not sure if a March Hare is considered rare or not, so I'll abstain.
"Yesterday we obeyed kings and bent our necks before emperors. But today we kneel only to truth..." - Khalil Gibran

MooseEatsBear
1 year ago#8
GrrMan posted...
Not sure if a March Hare is considered rare or not, so I'll abstain.

I've seen March Hare in every one of my PG runs.

Donniedonz
1 year ago#9
MooseEatsBear posted...
Donniedonz posted...
MooseEatsBear posted...
Donniedonz posted...
MooseEatsBear posted...

Sure! What are you looking for?

I'll compile a small list and send you a PM. (It's around 5 clips.)

User Info: MetaFails

MetaFails
1 year ago#10
Have you determined whether or not every floor has rare spawns or not?
And that's how you do it.
  1. Boards
  2. Lost Kingdoms II
  3. Rare Proving Grounds Spawns
  • Topic Archived
More topics from this board...
Lost Kingdom 3 2019smallorc1135/16 8:28PM