• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Lost Kingdoms II
  3. Fastest Grinding Method

User Info: Winberuberu

Winberuberu
1 year ago#1
I revisited this game just recently, and had been using the Aggressor GL2 infinite spawning method to grind cards, which seemed highly effective in my eyes, but boy was I wrong.

By accident, i'd discovered a much faster, infinitely more efficient way to gain EXP, and in less than 10 minutes, you could easily get more than 50,000 EXP for a set of cards.

Let's get the tidbits out of the way, and go over what we already know;
- Banshee cards distribute EXP based on how much damage it inflicted when it finishes off an enemy.
- All cards in the deck gain passive EXP whenever an enemy dies, even if it is not used.
- Having multiple copies of the same card essentially multiplies its EXP gain, for example; killing an Aggressor GL2 yields 200 EXP per kill. Have three of a card in your deck, and it will gain 600 EXP instead of 200.

With the above information in mind, let's get down to the details. I discovered this by accident-- I wanted to capture the Demon Swordsman in Bhashea Castle for two reasons--
1) Cannot duplicate its card.
2) Only receive one Demon Swordsman card in the game.
By accident, I had finished it off instead of capturing it. In a panic, I aborted the mission. When I re-entered, I saw that the Demon Swordsman was still in place. For any more-experienced player of the game, we know that the Demon Swordsman is right out in the courtyard, going straight of the spawn point in Bhashea Castle.

Now, here's the clincher. I had checked the value of EXP gained through killing the Demon Swordsman, and each kill(that includes the two Death monsters that spawn with it) yields 5000(closer to 6000) EXP per kill.
That's 5000~6000 EXP(the value usually hinges around 5.7k) per card in your deck, so having 4 of a card in your deck would yield 20,000~25,000 per kill, and it takes less than 3 minutes per kill, depending on how much of your deck you have to sort through.

The method is simple-- pack 1-3 Banshee cards, a Dryad, and maybe a Decoy Pillar. If you chose to place only one Banshee card in your deck, fill that slot with an Apsaras. The rest of your deck can consist of any card you want to grind EXP for. Now go in these steps:
1: Enter Bhashea Castle, and keep replacing cards until your hand consists of 1-3 Banshee cards, a Decoy Pillar, a Dryad, and an Apsaras(all depending on how many Banshee cards are being used). Usually, 2 Banshee, 1 Pillar, 1 Dryad is more than enough.
2: Watch the Stone Head that spawns in front of the Demon Swordsman, and avoid it accordingly to its movements.
3: Break the Demon Swordsman's seal. Once broken, immediately throw down the Decoy Pillar card.
4: Once the Decoy Pillar is summoned, summon the Dryad next, and wait for its Wood Power-up effect to activate. Wood Power-up effect doubles the power and defense of any friendly wood type independents, summons, and weapons used, while halving the offensive and defensive capabilities of any Earth attribute monsters/cards.
5: Once both the Dryad and Decoy Pillar are out, you have two options: either summon an Apsaras to further buff your banshee card, or begin attacking. If an Apsaras is summoned, you need only Z-Power the single Banshee in your hand and hit the Demon Swordsman twice-- it'll go down. If an Apsaras wasn't summoned, Z-power one Banshee, and keep the other non-boosted. Attack the Demon Swordsman twice with the non-boosted Banshee, and finish it off with the Boosted one to ensure maximum EXP gain fron Banshee's sub-effect.
6: EXP is distributed the moment the Demon Swordsman is slain, not when it despawns, so the moment it hits the ground, immediately abort the mission. Fastest 5000~6000 per card, and is easily exploitable.

** Should be noted that this method only works until you let the Demon Swordsman actually die and gain his card.
** Using this method, you can get 5+ of his card via Capture.
"What weapon do you main?" they asked. "I have no main, I use every weapon." I replied.
PM me for my 3DS Friend Code.

User Info: Winberuberu

Winberuberu
1 year ago#2
Usin this method, one can also make thousands of G easily, and for what purpose? Capture Cards, of course. The maximum value a capture card reaches is 50,000 each, and it will rise no higher than that.

Now, how do you make so much money? Simply put 3 or more Green Dragons and Amber Dragons in your deck, and use the method above to give them plenty of EXP. Each Green Dragon and Amber Dragon sells for 4000G each, and only requires 10,000 EXP to duplicate, meaning you can copy 9 at a time. The more of both you put in your deck, the faster your money generation will be. Simply put 8 of both in your deck, and 2 runs will cap out both the Dragon's EXP at 99999. Rinse-repeat as necessary. Easy 99,999G in less than 10 minutes.
"What weapon do you main?" they asked. "I have no main, I use every weapon." I replied.
PM me for my 3DS Friend Code.

User Info: GrrMan

GrrMan
1 year ago#3
The ol' boneyard camping trip always worked for me.

Slow, but I'll be damned if it doesn't make you learn your cards.
"Yesterday we obeyed kings and bent our necks before emperors. But today we kneel only to truth..." - Khalil Gibran
  1. Boards
  2. Lost Kingdoms II
  3. Fastest Grinding Method
  • Topic Archived
More topics from this board...
Lost Kingdom 3 2019smallorc1135/16 8:28PM