• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Lost Kingdoms II
  3. People think this is worse than the first game?

User Info: TonyaLunchTime

TonyaLunchTime
3 years ago#1
I'm actually pleasantly surprised so far at the lengths From went to make this game feel like a real JRPG.
sorry dad i guess we all just fell for chung mania.

User Info: Charles7439

Charles7439
3 years ago#2
Honestly, about the only change for this one I don't like is the elemental affinity thing. I wouldn't mind too much if they at least didn't go down. Since they do, I usually just ditch mechs and get annoyed whenever one of the others happen to go down and I need to go out of my way to use that type for a while to raise it again (and then one of the others drop). Course, it usually doesn't happen that much. I suppose I'll take it for the improved camera controls, more cards, and the changes in the battle system (the amount of time I wasted in the first trying to get into a battle to see if that random barrel happened to have something in it...).
My username and GT are, oddly enough, the exact same.
Kingdom Under Fire: Heroes is the best game I've ever played.

TonyaLunchTime
3 years ago#3
I was just reading about the affinity thing, which sounds like it's terrible, but I'll do my best just to completely ignore it... I just like how much the game feels like an actual JRPG as opposed to that sort of arcade RPG rhythm of the first game. You can return to areas whenever you want, there's a town (!), and it just feels decently polished overall.

I wish they went with enemies visible on the field, but when they touch you it sends you into a battle arena, like Tales of Symphonia et al. The lack of random encounters gets a thumbs up for me, but it feels like a waste to summon some goblins then run away after a fight and have them just waddle around until they disappear trying to catch up.

User Info: Donniedonz

Donniedonz
3 years ago#4
Waddle around until they disappear? Why don't you just recall them to their cards...?
Sonic, Fox, Falco, Zero Suit Samus, and Meta Knight in that order.

TonyaLunchTime
3 years ago#5
haha yeah was playing last night for a bit and realized i could do that

User Info: Death Commander

Death Commander
3 years ago#6
This game is LEAGUES better.
History will be kind to me, for I intend to write it.

User Info: Donniedonz

Donniedonz
3 years ago#7
Death Commander posted...
This game is LEAGUES better.
Sonic, Fox, Falco, Zero Suit Samus, and Meta Knight in that order.

User Info: GrrMan

GrrMan
3 years ago#8
Eh... they have a different feel.

It's hard to explain.
"Yesterday we obeyed kings and bent our necks before emperors. But today we kneel only to truth..." - Khalil Gibran
  1. Boards
  2. Lost Kingdoms II
  3. People think this is worse than the first game?
  • Topic Archived
More topics from this board...
Lost Kingdom 3 2019smallorc1135/16 8:28PM