• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Lost Kingdoms II
  3. Lost Kingdoms 2 Metagame Topic

User Info: Donniedonz

Donniedonz
1 year ago#181
I introduced my 12 year old brother to the game and we are playing through it. It is now, quite literally, his favorite game of all time.

It's refreshing to get a look at all the card as they come. I've learned that a couple cards I underestimated (Napalm Beast may be outclassed by more powerful Spinners, but its quite effective in its own right.)

I'll be posting more findings as they come.
Floating Octahedral Shard

User Info: Winberuberu

Winberuberu
1 year ago#182
Donniedonz posted...
I introduced my 12 year old brother to the game and we are playing through it. It is now, quite literally, his favorite game of all time..

Coming back to this game and streaming it, i've also started recommending that other people play such a hidden gem, rather than just watching me play it. I was hoping for a 3ds remake or something. heck, even a PC version that isn't on an emulator.

If LK2 was remade or ported onto 3ds, that means it'd be highly likely that Online PVP would become a thing, which is something I never had the chance to really get into-- which is a damn shame, considering how there are a lot of PVP-centric cards in the game.
"What weapon do you main?" they asked. "I have no main, I use every weapon." I replied.
PM me for my 3DS Friend Code.

User Info: Zaelleaz

Zaelleaz
1 year ago#183
I think everyone would have a blast playing this game against others definitely so with high accessibility but I would say that even though there are plenty of cards that "work" in pvp.. speaking from an optimal standpoint.. there's very few. Some cards would have to be changed/ rules would need to be made or PvP would be generally 1-2 strategies every time. I "Genuinely" believe that I found the absolute strongest a deck can be. (Assuming you have to have full deck)

If online was made with updated cards/ modified rules then I'd love this game 10X more than I already do.

Winberuberu
1 year ago#184
I'd hate to see Uroboros and Banshees flying everywhere in PVP, yeah. Maybe there would be like, a tiered sort of PVP, 1~5*, and horridly broken card matches would end up in 5*, while basic cards would be in 1*, and so on.

Of course, outright banning cards, or cutting their damage by 50 or 75% would definitely work too.
"What weapon do you main?" they asked. "I have no main, I use every weapon." I replied.

Zaelleaz
1 year ago#185
Provided Golden Pheonix was banned/ limited/ nerfed that's exactly what you'd see the most of. I'd say there would "have" to be a re-balancing of cards but.. a tiered PvP would work too.

Even maybe a limited card use PvP... like each card is tiered and each tier warrants how many of that card can be used.. so Golden pheonix can only be a 1 of in each deck. I actually have no idea where the balance would go if cards were tiered and limited based on those tiers.

Winberuberu
1 year ago#186
I'd say it'd be something like:

Tier 5: 2 Cards
Tier 4: 3 Cards
Tier 3: 5 cards
Tier 2: 8 cards
Tier 1: 12 cards

The tiers would have to be based on damage-to-cost ratio, then factor in range, startup lag, and debuffs/bonus effects. Things like Banshee would be Tier 4 due to horridly long range and short startup and how easy it is to spam. There's a lot that could be said and done for PVP, and I feel like the Fair Play rule is just far too lacking.

Also, perhaps there could be a damage nerf or lifespan/hp/def nerf on the tiers, such as -25% effectiveness on Tier 5, decreasing with each lower tier.

Zaelleaz
1 year ago#187
Yeah, whatever the limit per tier would be I'd think that system would make the most sense. It'd vastly balance a lot of cards. Banshees as you said is one of/ the best weapon card in the game BUT because of a limited number and weapon cards having 2-3 uses at most they take a heavy nerf. With this set up, lifespan and damage increase in effectiveness rather than always a combo or spammability. I'd honestly still vote to ban Golden phoenix and assuming this set up, I'd vote to ban Uroburos. It's a catch all card honestly, countered ONLY by Golden phoenix.

The more I think about each card and how a limit would work.. I actually really like the limit numbers you have down for each tier. Granted there'd have to be a consensus on what tier each card is under these rules.

Winberuberu
1 year ago#188
I think there would also be more limits, such as 1 spinner per deck, rather than just outright banning Uroboros. If Uroboros is banned, then the player could just stack Whip Worms, because they're almost as good as Uroboros. I'd say a lot of weapon cards would probably be at least Tier 3, with the exclusion of the Basilisk Line, Dragonoid, Lich, and a few others. I say this because cards like Dark Raven/Charadrius, Crystal Rose, and Dragon Knight exist-- fast, relatively strong for their cost, and easy to spam.

Aside from that, there could be arbitrary limits imposed on types of cards a deck can have, so that a player wouldn't just build weapons, for instance;

Weapon Card limit: 6
Support Limit: 3(Healers, spinners, buffers)
Summon Limit: 4
Independent Limit: 10

There would have to be more categories, given there are 7 missing card slots there.

Another interesting thing to think about, though, is that a deck does not necessarily need to contain 30 cards-- a player could place 15 cards in their deck and be just as deadly as one with 30, given they have access to the cards they need faster than larger decks.

Zaelleaz
1 year ago#189
Right about the whip worm.. but as I said, if this system was imposed "all" the cards would need to be re-evaluated for what tier. Some stay OP regardless. I honestly think it would be interesting developing what would be the strongest decks under this system style.. assuming a consensus for what limit on what tier or however was met. Even if only on this forum if it's a balancing idea others felt was worth thinking on.

I would caution however the idea of less than full deck being allowed as it's not "just as deadly" as a full deck.... it's much much more deadly. In a card game, especially under limited amount of cards per tier... the last thing needed (I feel) would be small decks with 100% guaranteed combos every match. Full decks would be too slow needing to shuffle for answers so they'd switch to small decks too which becomes a combo match.

Winberuberu
1 year ago#190
Well, there's no restriction on card count aside from 30 max, so there would probably be something like 20 or 24 minimum to decks, if there would even be any regulated rules for card count. A fifth or a third less as minimum seems pretty fair/standard to me; not too much, not too little.

Aside from that, speaking of decks with less cards, I often find myself playing through the game with only 10-15 cards in my deck myself, since often that is all you really need, especially if you manage your cards well.
  1. Boards
  2. Lost Kingdoms II
  3. Lost Kingdoms 2 Metagame Topic
  • Topic Archived