• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Vagrant Story
  3. Holy Dread Armor Recipe Problem

User Info: Igor_hcs

Igor_hcs
2 months ago#1
Greetings everyone

After plenty of years I returned to this awesome game to build the Ultimate Damascus Dread Armor, following the HolyGear FAQ. Unfortunately, while combining the parts of the Helmet and I've found a inconsistency which results in Blunt/Edge/Piercing attributes different from the FAQ (lesser than what would have to result).

It refers to this line (of the Damascus Hoplite Helmet):

x5 (S)Armet 14/22/14 (S)Rodanche 14/14/14 (D)Basinet 16/16/16

The results I got for (D)Basinet were 11/14/11, even though I got the attributes for (S) Armet and (D) Rodanche (note that the author made a mistake in this last item, since it's made of Damascus instead of Silve - as discribed in the items list from his FAQ

I tried to email to the author, but obviously the email address seems to not exist anymore.

Can anyone help me out, please?

User Info: Luminaire

Luminaire
2 months ago#2
So you combined two 14/14/14 items and got a 11/14/11 result? That shouldn't be possible if everything is working properly.

I would revert to a previous save if possible. If you want a 14/14/14 Basinet and you got a 11/14/11 that's a disaster. A 14/11/11 Basinet would be OK but since your dominant TYPE Stat switched any combination going forward will be very inefficient for the TYPE stats. You want all of them to be even or you want the first one to be the highest.

FYI I'm not too familiar with the HolyGear recipes but I just understand the basics and am drawing general conclusions. I'm assuming that since you wanted a 14/14/14 Basinet that all combinations going forward need that TYPE Stat to be efficient and avoid waste.
XboxLIVE! GamerTag: MisterGuyMan (Geo War Score: 8.3 mill.)
(edited 2 months ago)

Luminaire
2 months ago#3
I reread your message. If the below combination is what you needed then that's definitely an error:
(S)Armet 14/22/14 + (S)Rodanche 14/14/14 =
(D)Basinet 16/16/16

HolyGear is a firstplaythrough Damascus set right? I can give you a way to do that but I can't guarantee how efficient it will be. I don't have a recipe per se but I have a procedure I've used to make Damascus armor sets.

User Info: Igor_hcs

Igor_hcs
2 months ago#4
Hey, thank you for answering Luminaire!

I just gave up trying to build on the first playthrough because of that specific problem and began a NG+ (but I still have the previous game saved).
I read again the FAQ and I noted that there is a kind of combination rate of 80%/60%/40% depending on the materials and the stats of the parts.
In my case, it's getting a 40% result. What's strange, however, is that even if I got a 60% (what would be the right rate), the sum of 14 and 22 (36) times 60%, has to result in 21. In theory there should be a Basinet like 14/21/14.
But I am still open to receive solutions.
Once again, thank you for your reply!

Luminaire
1 month ago#5
Oops. I responded to this and totally forgot about it. Gimme a little more time. Sorry!
  1. Boards
  2. Vagrant Story
  3. Holy Dread Armor Recipe Problem
  • Post New Message