• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Vagrant Story
  3. Vagrant Story Zenith Mod

User Info: ppmelon52

ppmelon52
4 weeks ago#171
sano83 posted...
Make sure you give Parasite Eve 2 a try. It is my favourite of the 3 games of the franchise.

yeah i plan to eventually. i'm also aware it's quite different to the first game, though.

the_E_y_Es posted...
One of my favorites... really like the OST.

yeah, the ost is really good. that opening theme...

ppmelon52
2 weeks ago#172
may as well refresh the thread.

ppmelon52 posted...
now i just need to try out some of the bonus stuff.

so i got around to it, did the warehouse and got bubbled by the crab a few times because i'm bad. also discovered i missed basically every secret in the game. so, having to go through cutscenes again wasn't so bad.
chrysler building was fun. despite the well lit and polished tile floors it was rather eerie. probably because of the maze-like design and general feeling of emptiness. the elevators should have been put in more convenient places, though, i almost had to draw a map.

and now i'm playing pe2, just got to disc 2. somewhat missing the fireball-spewing regular enemies that pe1 had. overall, i like it despite the differences.

also, probably not a good idea to use the thread as my personal blog.
(edited 2 weeks ago)

User Info: the_E_y_Es

the_E_y_Es
2 weeks ago#173
ppmelon52 posted...
so i got around to it, did the warehouse and got bubbled by the crab a few times because i'm bad. also discovered i missed basically every secret in the game. so, having to go through cutscenes again wasn't so bad.

I remember Crab was pretty brutal, especially if you went in unprepared. As for secrets, did you find the unlimited Trading Cards trick? I don't remember the exact location, but there's a place where you can pick up the same card again and again. A bug, no doubt.

chrysler building was fun. despite the well lit and polished tile floors it was rather eerie. probably because of the maze-like design and general feeling of emptiness. the elevators should have been put in more convenient places, though, i almost had to draw a map.

One thing I hate about the chrysler building is the box enemy in the chest rooms. It's insanely powerful. God I hate that thing. I'm not sure if the floor layouts are randomized but they did get old after a while. I'm not a big fan of chrysler building tbh.

also, probably not a good idea to use the thread as my personal blog.

No worries, it keeps the topic afloat.

ppmelon52
2 weeks ago#174
the_E_y_Es posted...
I remember Crab was pretty brutal, especially if you went in unprepared. As for secrets, did you find the unlimited Trading Cards trick? I don't remember the exact location, but there's a place where you can pick up the same card again and again. A bug, no doubt.

don't think so. i'm sure i missed some stuff.

One thing I hate about the chrysler building is the box enemy in the chest rooms. It's insanely powerful. God I hate that thing. I'm not sure if the floor layouts are randomized but they did get old after a while. I'm not a big fan of chrysler building tbh.

seemed like there was no way to tell whether it's a mimic or not, so you just need lots of hp or use a first strike weapon and set up barrier when the fight starts. or just not open any chests.
while i did have fun, i don't think it warrants a second run of the place, mostly because of how annoying the place was (squirrels...), and yep it is random, so any prior knowledge doesn't really help with "speedrunning" it.

User Info: GoukiAkujiki

GoukiAkujiki
2 weeks ago#175
Squirrels are the best BP by a very wide margin, but if you’re strong enough to reliably kill them then you’re already OP, so kind of a catch 22.

The Crab is kinda a joke. Just stay hasted and by his side. Burst makes it too simple.

Also, what secrets are there to even miss?? The game isn’t very content rich.
(edited 2 weeks ago)

ppmelon52
2 weeks ago#176
GoukiAkujiki posted...
Also, what secrets are there to even miss?? The game isn’t very content rich.

at least 2 secrets in the museum. one is close to the first quiz machine and the second in the second floor save room.
the rest is just stuff i missed, like every shotgun on the first run. yes, even the sewer one.

User Info: GoukiAkujiki

GoukiAkujiki
2 weeks ago#177
Yeah I could see missing those rooms, maybe some others.

Bummer about the shotguns, Burst is like the best effect!

User Info: iselia_queen

iselia_queen
2 weeks ago#178
Ooh, thanks for the video. Glad to see Zenith is still in the works! (I'm one of your rabid fans from the NG+ boards.)
"Is sanity the price to pay for power?"

ppmelon52
2 weeks ago#179
GoukiAkujiki posted...
Bummer about the shotguns, Burst is like the best effect!

yeah, it is a cool effect. being able to use the stun from hitting multiple enemies would have been helpful in multiple situations.

also, finished pe2 yesterday. i thought it was a very nice game, but unfortunately the ending was a little disappointing? didn't match up to the final eve and u.b fights from pe1, sadly.
in some ways i thought the general atmosphere was done a lot better, at least in dryfield and the shelter, possibly because of the music and lighting. i also really liked the parasite energy, more so than the first game.
i suppose i will replay it another time to try out the different modes.

User Info: the_E_y_Es

the_E_y_Es
1 week ago#180
iselia_queen posted...
Ooh, thanks for the video. Glad to see Zenith is still in the works! (I'm one of your rabid fans from the NG+ boards.)

No problem. It's going slowly but surely.
  1. Boards
  2. Vagrant Story
  3. Vagrant Story Zenith Mod
  • Post New Message