• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Vagrant Story
  3. Vagrant Story Zenith Mod

User Info: the_E_y_Es_o_0

the_E_y_Es_o_0
1 year ago#1
I figured it was time for an update, so without spoiling too much, here's what I've been working on...

Picking up where we last stopped, the next version of the rebalance mod (now zenith mod) will focus on expanding the enemy roster and making the areas change as you progress in the story, kill bosses, visit places, etc. This where the mod gets its new name, since every area will gradually mature towards its final form, its "zenith" so to speak.

For example, at the moment I'm wrapping up the Sanctum area. Before I expanded the enemy roster, it had a total of 17 different enemies. Now it has 33. Of course, only a fraction of them will be all available on your 1st visit. But over time, old foes will be replaced by new, more powerful ones. Ideally, every area would get this treatment; it's a lot of work so we'll just have to see how it goes.

Here's a preview of the Sanctum area, after you've set all the relevant flags (spoilers ofc):

https://youtu.be/tWDVLDqa-P4

^What you see is subject to change btw.

Well, that's it for now. Release date is TBD. Don't expect too many videos and stuff, I'd rather you guys experience the goodies firsthand. Nothing beats the thrill of discovery, and that's what I hope to offer with the new version of the mod.
Death to Videodrome. Long live the new flesh.

User Info: Ferenn

Ferenn
1 year ago#2
Very excited, started a new playthrough a few days ago despite lurking your rebalance topic for months. This is extremely exciting to an old timey player like me. Mad props.

Don't rush, take your time, make an amazing mod!
2423-4965-7572
(edited 1 year ago)

User Info: decafpanda123

decafpanda123
1 year ago#3
A little late to this party but how will this mod be able to be played?

Looks amazing btw
(edited 1 year ago)

the_E_y_Es_o_0
1 year ago#4
Ferenn posted...
Very excited, started a new playthrough a few days ago despite lurking your rebalance topic for months. This is extremely exciting to an old timey player like me. Mad props.

Don't rush, take your time, make an amazing mod!

Hello there. Good to know that the mod is being played. I didn't advertise it as well as I could but I intend to correct that. Hope you enjoy it!

decafpanda123 posted...
A little late to this party but how will this mod be able to be played?

Looks amazing btw

Well, it's simple. You download the patch and apply it to a (US) Vagrant Story rom, then play it on emulator, or burn it to a CD and play it on console. If you mean in terms of actual gameplay, there's nothing you should really know in advance; just play as you would normally.

In case you missed, there's already a build of the mod available for download at ngplus:

http://ngplus.net/index.php?/forums/topic/175-vagrant-story-rebalance-mod/

You'll need a program like Ppf-o-Matic to apply the patch. You can get it here:

https://www.romhacking.net/utilities/356/

Ofc, the version at ngplus does not include the features I'm currently working on. But it's plenty enough to keep you guys busy until zenith mod is out.

User Info: Valendian

Valendian
1 year ago#5
Brilliant idea. I'm downloading the previous version from ngplus and will keep an eye out for updates.
It's a Vagrant Life.

the_E_y_Es_o_0
1 year ago#6
Valendian posted...
Brilliant idea. I'm downloading the previous version from ngplus and will keep an eye out for updates.

Heh, thanks. That procedure really uncapped the zone file; even now there's still room left in it for more enemies. Looks like I'll run out of ideas before I run out of space for them.

User Info: GlassShard

GlassShard
1 year ago#7
I'ma wait for the final release, but very cool, man! Years ago I started building a Vagrant Story sequel from scratch, so I understand the passion. Keep it up!
"Who's to doom, when the Judge Himself is dragged to the bar?"

the_E_y_Es_o_0
1 year ago#8
For those who are playing, make sure to download the latest version (v.091) at ngplus.net, it fixes a nasty bug at IMB1/B2 with bosses respawning over and over. Apply it to a clean rom. Any save files you might have will still be compatible.
(edited 1 year ago)
Super excited for this as always.
This is Gamefaqs. Where people take great pride in disputing trivial matters.

the_E_y_Es_o_0
1 year ago#10
This deserved its own topic, but I'll just share it here:

https://imgur.com/XbYdRxn

Original link: https://www.deviantart.com/ruisuferipe/art/MOTHER-3-x-Vagrant-Story-217773652

10/10 would play it.
  1. Boards
  2. Vagrant Story
  3. Vagrant Story Zenith Mod
  • Post New Message