• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura
  3. What's your favorite way to get through the Bridge gate? (Shrouded Hills)

User Info: TJWhitey37

TJWhitey37
1 year ago#1
I personally haven't tried every different method. 1000 gold is a bit steep for me. My favorite way is to start by chucking the explosive grenade you find in the barrel near Charles Brehgo. Usually takes out 60%+ of the HP of 2 of the gang, then simply cut them down melee. It really seems like a time-saver opposed to leveling up a bunch to be able to take them down straight. I don't really like Sogg Mead Mugg much so I always personally use this method though I'm sure his high melee damage helps with this early obstacle.

How do you like to go about this?

User Info: The_alchemy1356

The_alchemy1356
1 year ago#2
My favorite way of getting past Lukan at the Shrouded Hills bridge was to trick him that i am a Thieves Underground member and demand 200 Gold from him as tribute.
All we had to do, was follow the damn train!

User Info: AlexLoeher

AlexLoeher
1 year ago#3
I usually did the explosive route because it's a universal answer if you're not a really powerful character yet.

Last time I got through by outwitting the Witless, though.

User Info: TJWhitey37

TJWhitey37
1 year ago#4
Yeah While the explosive grenade is a nice early loot to sell for sure, money isn't hard to get after awhile. and if the nade is thrown well it really shifts this fight in the players favor when you don't have really high persuade or have spent hours grinding.

User Info: The_alchemy1356

The_alchemy1356
1 year ago#5
If you are not playing as a Persuasion character, another creative way to take them down is to drop the Railroad Spikes for Lukan's 2 ogre to pick it up. They will then equipped it and do lower damage to you as a result.
All we had to do, was follow the damn train!
  1. Boards
  2. Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura
  3. What's your favorite way to get through the Bridge gate? (Shrouded Hills)
  • Topic Archived