• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura
  3. Bangellian Scourge Quest Malfunction

User Info: AlexLoeher

AlexLoeher
1 year ago#1
So, I encountered a pretty heartbreaking problem when trying to resolve the Stringy Pete questline. Fortunately, I bypassed the issue by simply buying the boat in Black Root, but I wanted to get some opinions and confirmation from other players.

Ok, so for background, I had created a file about 2 years ago that I decided to pick back up. Some file moving might have been involved but I don't think that contributed to my issue. Apparently, one of the things I did on this file was clear the Bangellian Deeps super early, and I somewhat remember doing that. However, Stringy Pete does not acknowledge that I torched the Scourge (he doesn't acknowledge that I donated the treasure to the Williamsons either, but I did that much more recently). Now I know myself and this game enough to know that I wouldn't have done something stupid with the Scourge early on, like sell it or drop it on the ground. Surveying the wreckage, I can only conclude that I must have already put it in the furnace. I suppose my question for the board here is, if you put the Scourge in the furnace before Petey tells you to, does it set off the flag for the quest? If it doesn't, that would make the quest impossible to complete. Obviously, I have no desire to run through the whole game again to test this theory, so I'd like to hear experiences from anyone else who maybe have poked their nose around the quest.

Last note, killing Petey didn't allow me to jack his ship either. Is his whole character bugged or what?

User Info: The_alchemy1356

The_alchemy1356
1 year ago#2
Based on what you described, I think that you may have bugged the quest with Stringy Pete. It's fortunate that you can still buy the boat in Black Root.

Anyway, do you play the game with Drog's latest patch?
The Sacred Realm welcomes all Sages

User Info: AlexLoeher

AlexLoeher
1 year ago#3
I don't have any patches I don't think.

And Troika were very good about opening up multiples avenues for quests, so that if you botched it in the standard way, you could still proceed. I just was bummed because I enjoy completing Petey's quests and I feel like that's the most 'canon' path for the PC to take.

User Info: The_alchemy1356

The_alchemy1356
1 year ago#4
Alright. But for future playthroughs I would recommend you to get Drog's unofficial patch on top of the official Arcanum patch as they fix quite a lot of bugs in the game. I now replay Arcanum every time with those patches installed. You can obtain the patches from Terra Arcanum's site, in addition to other enhancement mods such as the HQ Townmaps mod and High Resolution Patch. They really improves the experience of Arcanum for me.
The Sacred Realm welcomes all Sages
  1. Boards
  2. Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura
  3. Bangellian Scourge Quest Malfunction
  • Topic Archived