• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura
  3. 15 years later...newb question! :D

User Info: mammerjammer0

mammerjammer0
3 years ago#1
Okay, so i'm trying to steal the Dread Armor from the Blacksmith, but when I go to steal his key, the only item it shows in his bag is a lil over 1,000 gold.

Help?
It isn't what you wear that makes you look good
It's how you wear it that makes it look good B)

User Info: the_dracolich

the_dracolich
3 years ago#2
Are you talking about the blacksmith in Shrouded Hills? I just checked and in my game the key is there, but it's used only for the door, the barrel where he keeps his inventory has to be lockpicked.
Immune to criticals, criticism, negative board level, etc.

mammerjammer0
3 years ago#3
I just tried stealing from him and all it shows in his backpack is gold.

User Info: the_dracolich

the_dracolich
3 years ago#4
You don't really need the key. You can wait till evening, when he goes back to his room follow him inside, wait another hour so he goes to bed and pick the lock on the barrel. You can do this with most of the shopkeepers in the game. It's also easier to steal from their body when they're asleep.

The only thing that makes stealing from shopkeepers harder is sometimes their keys work only on the door, so you'll need a decent Pick Locks skill to unlock the barrel/chest where they keep their stuff.
Immune to criticals, criticism, negative board level, etc.

User Info: tonicpalin

tonicpalin
3 years ago#5
the_dracolich posted...
You don't really need the key. You can wait till evening, when he goes back to his room follow him inside, wait another hour so he goes to bed and pick the lock on the barrel. You can do this with most of the shopkeepers in the game. It's also easier to steal from their body when they're asleep.

The only thing that makes stealing from shopkeepers harder is sometimes their keys work only on the door, so you'll need a decent Pick Locks skill to unlock the barrel/chest where they keep their stuff.

i think that's true for all shopkeepers except that one in shrouded hills. methinks he's the only guy you can exploit for unlimited gold without any points lockpicking or pickpocketing, though a high DEX helps.

i just bought the dreaded armor for virgil after getting enough gold from selling back his own stuff repeatedly.
i luv me/ i luv me/ **** barney indie-i

mammerjammer0
3 years ago#6
Are there any mods that add new armor/weapon graphics? :)

User Info: Yariel

Yariel
3 years ago#7
try this ...
http://www.terra-arcanum.com/downloads/
  1. Boards
  2. Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura
  3. 15 years later...newb question! :D
  • Topic Archived