• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura
  3. My only gripe and it's keeping me from playing the game... Awful Controls.

User Info: Neo_Sarevok

Neo_Sarevok
4 years ago#1
I understand it's an old game, but is there really absolutely no way to edit the controls!? No button mapping? No scroll wheel functionality? The "M" or "TAB" key isn't set to the map feature? No w,a,s,d camera movement? Quick save-load is mapped all the way up at F7 and F8? Why put those two keys so close together, when you can accidentally hit quickload when you meant to quicksave?

I tried given the game an honest effort, but I just feel like I'm fighting with the control scheme too much. It completely defies everything we know from more modern isometric titles.

If anyone knows a way to edit the controls, please share.

User Info: Strelok

Strelok
4 years ago#2
Try going even older and take a FPS like Duke Nukem 3D with no mouse look as we know it (Need to hold a button to do so), no wasd movement, a to jump, z to duck, control to fire, spacebar to open doors, use [ and ] to browse inventory...
And you couldn't alter this in any way as far as I know.
*shiver*

And I like DN3D.
Goodbye Bubbles, dearest of pets. I'll miss you, always. 2nd June 2004 - 22nd August 2009
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l493/TTripweed/Haiguyz.jpg

User Info: SkatingPeirce

SkatingPeirce
4 years ago#3
Maybe it's because I've been gaming since the 1980s, but I don't find the controls at all difficult to manage, but I do think the game is worthwhile to put in the effort to make it past these perceived difficulties. It's one of the few games that I've returned to with consistency over my gaming lifetime.
  1. Boards
  2. Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura
  3. My only gripe and it's keeping me from playing the game... Awful Controls.
  • Topic Archived