• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Eradicator_Z

Eradicator_Z
6 years ago#1
1: I tried to use an auto level scheme just to try it out and it never spent my initial 5 points, does it only spend the rest of them after the first 5?

2: The map is confusing to me. If I am not using the world map but just the area if I click the scroll map button it only scrolls down and not any other directions, the manual did not help me with this either. Is it possible to use the map to scroll the area you are in?

3: How to get Virgil to attack first, I see that F2 is supposed to have them attack but it does not seem to function correctly.

4: Is there a way to have the screen scroll with your character? Or at least speed it up or allow it to scroll further? I know in BG1 it would not follow but at least I could scroll around quickly.

5: Does strength determine damage with ranged weapons? I searched and I keep reading conflicting answers.

6: Is loot random?

That is all for now thank you people who still haunt this board :) I appreciate your help.
.....blah

User Info: FranksGhost

FranksGhost
6 years ago#2
1. You have to do the first five yourself.
2. I don't think what you're wanting to do is possible within the game. Although, I'm not completely clear on it. Are you trying to use the map to explore the area?
3. You have to do this before engagement. Right click on Virgil to bring up the commands. Select attack and then select what you desire him to attack.
4. This should come naturally with the game. Did you apply both the official and unofficial patches?
5. I don't believe so, but don't quote me. I think it is dexterity which determines the damage.
6. As far as I know, yes.
http://www.mamalishafahi.com/

User Info: Waffen8888

Waffen8888
6 years ago#3
Loot is random to a point. Your character's name affects to some extent what loot you wind up with. Especially at the crash site. For instance, I have a human male I frequently name Niles, and he finds some good stuff there. It's always the same stuff too.
"Now there's a face to break a few thousand mirrors!" - Shirox from Dragon Force

User Info: Balzeron

Balzeron
6 years ago#4
The name thing IS legit, but as far as I know they use it just to randomize different items and locations. There isn't a 'perfect name' to my knowledge.
Plan B is the new Plan A

User Info: joefitts63

joefitts63
6 years ago#5
And a lot of the loot never changes. Many containers always have the same thing in them every game.
"Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull then ram it in an eye socket, I know I'm buildin' a better future." - Smiling Jack

User Info: Yariel

Yariel
6 years ago#6
4: Is there a way to have the screen scroll with your character? Or at least speed it up or allow it to scroll further? I know in BG1 it would not follow but at least I could scroll around quickly.
the screen scroll for character only have as far as your character will be (in center) ...
so if you want to see farther, your MC must get closer to that location first ...
(in map for town, you can see more freely)

5: Does strength determine damage with ranged weapons? I searched and I keep reading conflicting answers.
it's DEX and perception (for accuracy), but also depend on your skill bar ...
having more trained as Master also help ...

6: Is loot random?
- it's depend on your MC name
- depend on your alignment (E/G)
- depend on your Magic / Tech scale ...
- depend on your level too
- depend on your schematic skill
^^ each of it have kinda insignificant effect, but it really do have effect^^

however :
1. certain container have random / replaced item in it ... (randomized once per 3 days)
(trash bin will erase and change the items inside, don't put precious thing in it unless you want to get rid of it ... it mostly have ingredient for tech schematic ...)
2. enemy have different item too based on type and location ...
3. in case you stealing ... SHOP container will have item being randomized once every 3 days ...
and also have item based on what shop it exist ... (alchemy / herb will have a lot of potion, scroll, etc ... while armory depend if that shop magical or not ... )
4. shop container also have money which will get replenished once every 3 days ... the amount depend on your transaction, the type of shop and the location of that shop ...
  • Topic Archived