• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Spyro: Year of the Dragon
  3. Anybody know a way to get into the Agent 9 portal in Haunted Tomb early on NTSC?

User Info: soliantu

soliantu
10 months ago#1
There's one method that I know of (or at least I assume you can get over there by gliding after gaining enough height), but it seems to be PAL-only based on what they describe:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69tspRSvC58

Some PAL magic. Since on PAL Spyro moves much faster vs the framerate, the sliding state keeps building up momentum when you get flopped onto an impassable edge or corner. Eventually, the momentum builds up to the point Spyro will get launched into the air with enough velocity to pass nearly two dozen clone worlds and crash the game.

You can also proxy between a jackal and a certain wall, and I believe you can proxy off of the spider fodder too, but I don't think those would grant enough height to get out of bounds.

This and Agent 9's Lab itself are the only two things left that I need to skip, but this is the only one of the two that actually seems possible, so I only ask about this.
"Until the end" - The citizens of Palmacosta.

User Info: soliantu

soliantu
10 months ago#2
Technically, I guess I'd need to skip Super Bonus Round, too. But that doesn't seem possible either since, much like Autumn Plains, they seemed to design everything in Midnight Mountain with the ability to get to it from far above in mind, because of the removed whirlwind (speaking of, I just got to the secret mountain twice on console by ricocheting off the wall behind Desert Ruins with a helmet proxy. It took many hours of attempts to get down, though...)

There seems to be a missing piece of collision on the back of the peak left of the lava waterfall on the Agent 9's Lab island, and if you angle the camera correctly, you can see a part of the portal down through there (that, or a piece of the mountain behind it).

At first I wasn't sure if that spot just wasn't textured, but Spyro seems to 'bounce' a little inside if you hit the spot right. I'm not sure if there's a way to get in there (perhaps a precise charge/headbash, or maneuvering into it with a helmet proxy could work (which I would not want to attempt on console)), but I think that's the only hope for Agent 9's Lab Skip, unless we discover lag clips or something. =\
"Until the end" - The citizens of Palmacosta.
  1. Boards
  2. Spyro: Year of the Dragon
  3. Anybody know a way to get into the Agent 9 portal in Haunted Tomb early on NTSC?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A