• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Spyro: Year of the Dragon
  3. Ranking the original Spyro trilogy
1>2>3 in my opinion. I did really like the skateboarding sections in Year of the Dragon but playing as the other characters, eh, not so much.
BattleTag: CommonDreads#2148 / Nintendo Friend Code: 3368-6182-0270 / PSN: TommySnipeZ_182 / Steam: OneStepBeyond182 / XBL: TommySnipeZ 182.

User Info: EmmyGemstar

EmmyGemstar
2 months ago#2
1>>3>2 for me, 2 has a lot of stupid design that gets overlooked and I prefer 3's atmosphere and how it builds on its minigames.

1 seems to be a lot more popular since Reignited which makes me happy, I've said it was the best for years now. There is like no fat on that game and it has the wildest and best level design and flow. If it had better controls and camera I would consider it an essentially perfect game.
Even though I gave Spyro 2 a 7, and 3 an 8, and 1 a 9, I think that Spyro 1 is a lot closer to getting a 10 from me than the other games are to higher ratings, which is why I still think there's a bigger gap. Spyro 3 might deserve a 7 from me anyway because some stuff in it truly does suck, but on the other hand I think it is that much better than Spyro 2 and I'm trying to be fairer and 2 and 3 aren't totally my kind of game in the first place, I wish that 3d platformers were generally much less focused on minigames.
(except not really)
(edited 2 months ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Spyro: Year of the Dragon
  3. Ranking the original Spyro trilogy
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A