• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem
  3. WTF this game keeps turning off my tv and stuff.

User Info: dataDyneSoldier

dataDyneSoldier
10 years ago#1
I've heard about sanity effects and all that, and I've experienced my head exploding in game and stuff, but at the same time i'm afraid my game is seriously haunted. On a couple occasions my TV has literally just turned off, which NEVER happens unless I'm playing this game. Then last night I had to turn it off because the volume on my TV went down all by iteself. I don't know what to think... I found a used copy at Gamestop that was in surprisingly good condition, and having never played the game I decided to give it a shot. But now I understand why someone would bring in a game in perfect condition like that.... I seriously think it's haunted. Really, how the hell am I supposed to play a HORROR GAME of all possible genres if it's haunted and screwing with my television. I know it's not the sanity effects because a console can't effect what the TV does.

I was really hoping to see if maybe the guy who traded this game in uses this board and can tell me what exactly happened with this game and if somebody actually died around it. But yeah, it's useless to play an already scary game if spooky stuff is coming out of the disc WHILE I'm playing it. I can play Resident Evil just fine without it screwing with my television set, but this game is a whole different story, and quite frankly I'm afraid just seeing the game case on the other side of the room right now.

Should I trade it in and try to get my money back? Would they do that, or would they just laugh at my excuse for doing so? I was thinking about throwing it away, but I'd probably have a heart attack if I saw it magically reappear back in my room, which I'm afraid of.

Please help.
Round 1: Anaheim Ducks (8) vs. Detroit Red Wings (2)
2-3 | 4-3 | 2-1 | ?-? | ?-? (Ducks lead 2-1)

User Info: Bretzel_Return

Bretzel_Return
10 years ago#2
Congratulations, you just experienced the best Sanity effects, the one who mess directly with your TV.

I'm not joking, there are sanity effects who turn out your tv, lower your sound, and even give you a error message. But all of these are false. if you wait a little, the game continue.

So...yeah. Your game is normal.

User Info: BHR_Chin

BHR_Chin
10 years ago#3
Hope the game doesn't erase your memory card too.
Black Hatchet Riders
Juggalo for life!

User Info: G_gglypuff

G_gglypuff
10 years ago#4
This report is amusing. The TC really makes it sound as if he didn't expect those things.

User Info: BHR_Chin

BHR_Chin
10 years ago#5
Ya, it's hard to tell if he is serious or just ****ing around.
Black Hatchet Riders
Juggalo for life!

User Info: BluRev

BluRev
10 years ago#6
Sometimes when I'm playing the game, I hear voices...

Then I yell at my siblings to shut the hell up so I can enjoy my game.

User Info: BingKafei

BingKafei
10 years ago#7
Breaking the 4th wall is meant to be the freakiest part of the game, anyway. I believe GameTrailers said it best, "Gamers can tackle flesh-eating creatures of the night, but tell them their memory card is corrupt, and watch the palms sweat" or something along those lines.
I'd gladly tell you why Chattur'gha is your God and Ulyaoth is your country

User Info: zeppelincheetah

zeppelincheetah
10 years ago#8
just wait until he gets the one that makes it look like his game save is erased lol
if you wouldn't mind i would like to lose
~ c h e e t a h ~

User Info: BingKafei

BingKafei
10 years ago#9
An easy way to point out most sanity effects is to pause.
I'd gladly tell you why Chattur'gha is your God and Ulyaoth is your country

User Info: Bretzel_Return

Bretzel_Return
10 years ago#10
Where's the fun in that?
  1. Boards
  2. Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem
  3. WTF this game keeps turning off my tv and stuff.
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Answers