• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty
  3. Fatman battle.. interesting but annoying. Spoilers in case

User Info: SonofMetalGear

SonofMetalGear
11 years ago#1
What was up with him and those rollerblades?

User Info: DemonReacher

DemonReacher
11 years ago#2
Makes him move faster

User Info: Spacepirate_091

Spacepirate_091
11 years ago#3
I just completed this part as well. When he is flying around and you can't quite see him, it looks like he's on a skateboard.

User Info: Tearlock

Tearlock
11 years ago#4
Had a devil of a time beating him on Extreme mode. I had no rations because I'd gotten nailed a couple times just prior to that by Fortune and I'd already used them. Luckily I hada full load of claymores in my inventory. Not enough to kill him on their own but them gave me a lot more opportunities to nail him.

SonofMetalGear
11 years ago#5
Next time when I play the game again I know how to taken him town temporarily and just shoot him in the head when he's kneeling to get back up. Easiest weak spot moment for Fatman and good for you.

User Info: Hotel_Security

Hotel_Security
11 years ago#6
Actually I found it's MUCH easier to use a punch, punch, kick combo to knock Fatman to the ground first, THEN hit shoot him in the head as he gets up. It's hard to hit him any other way on Extreme. Obviously sticking claymores in the middle on the aisle makes things easier too and will delay him from laying more bombs which can become a hassle.

User Info: mastermillerman

mastermillerman
11 years ago#7
Fatman was so random. Nobody even knew he existed until right before the game was released. They kept him secret because he was so lame I guess >_>

Just kidding. But If I remember correctly, he was never in any of the trailers before the release of this game right? Every other boss was shown.

User Info: Millers C

Millers C
11 years ago#8
Realistically, of course, If he rode over a Claymore those Roller blades should have been blown to smithereens, unless they are made from some sort of reinforced steel, kevlar etc. As always there is bound to be a reasonable explanation. But wouldn't be cool to blow them off his feet and shoot his fat ass as he waddles away?

I always enjoyed that battle, its a pity we can't drop him off the edge and into the sea.
I haven't killed anybody...since 1984.

SonofMetalGear
11 years ago#9
In real life if Fatman wore that outfit he would be really slow and those rollerblades would cost him dearly

User Info: irish_man04

irish_man04
11 years ago#10
In real life if Fatman wore that outfit he would be really slow and those rollerblades would cost him dearly

And he probably wouldn't be able to bleed through it.
  1. Boards
  2. Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty
  3. Fatman battle.. interesting but annoying. Spoilers in case
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A

Retinal scanner? Side Quest5 Answers
How do i get hold of one of the AK47s? Side Quest1 Answer
Where can I find (suppressor)? Side Quest1 Answer
Where can I find the AK74U? Side Quest1 Answer
Where can I find a psg1-t? Side Quest1 Answer