• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Gothic
  3. Mud - Can I stop him from following me around?

User Info: LordGorbag

LordGorbag
13 years ago#1
Hi. 1st timer here, just started playing yesterday. I like the game so far, but my combat skills are lacking. No worries there, I just hate 'Mud'.

The Npc 'Mud' is really annoying. Is there anyway to get rid of him? (spoilers are okay for me). Or will his usefulness/purpose soon become evident. Do I need to give him food? How do I do that?

Also, are there any good fansites folks can recommend?

Thanks

User Info: Balmoran

Balmoran
13 years ago#2
I don't know if the Gothic 1 board at RPGDot is still active or open for newcomers, but they've kept thousands of threads from when it was stil active, and if you browse around there you can pick up Q and Answers for almost anything you can think of. And they specifically do have a LOT of interesting stuff about Mud.
Before I read those though, I would tolerate Mud, but the moment he starts nattering away, I would quickly press Esc. and it would cut him short. (Till next time).
When you get strong enough to beat him up, (beat him till he falls down, but then immediately stop, or you will kill him), he'll then get cross with you and leave you alone. Don't, however, go attack any other NPC, as the whole lot of NPC's will then stick up for that person and attack you. They don't seem to care about you giving poor ol' Mud a beating, though, as i reckon they're also sick of him.

Oh, and no, you don't have to give him food, but nothing short of a beating or something even more drastic like letting monsters eat him will get rid of him.
Elementary, my dear Watson

User Info: gameduck2

gameduck2
13 years ago#3
Mud is annoying. There are two ways to rid of him:

1. avoiding him: Don't go near him.

2. Lead him outside the camp then either beat or kill him. He will leave you alone.

User Info: Guitarmaster1

Guitarmaster1
13 years ago#4
I typically kill him <_<

The little antechambers in the arena work wonderfully.
Soldat: {FS} Rabid Trench Squill (and various other squill-tastic names.)

LordGorbag
13 years ago#5
Mud also reminds of the BG character Neb(?), except he is much more annoying.

In the beginning, I was too weak to kill him, but I'll probably take him out if I see him again. I haven't seen him since I went to the other camps.

Actually, I tempted to take out a lot of the diggers, so I can open their chests...

Thanks for the advice!

Guitarmaster1
13 years ago#6
No need to kill them to loot their chests, not only will someone most likely see you and just get really pissed. But, all the houses are able to be snuck into at one time or another (night, usually); as long as you have the sneak ability, the camp is yours for the taking :)

LordGorbag
13 years ago#7
Thanks for the advice Crazycrakaguy! (sp)?

I just killed Mud but I got 0xp!

Now, I got into the main castle and looted LOTS of chests, so I won't need to steal so much from the diggers.
Went to see Gomez, but He KILLED me...and I mean KILLED, not just politely knocked me out....Hmmm, must be missing something...otherwise, I'll have to join the New Camp...The Sect map is a little confusing.

Guitarmaster1
13 years ago#8
A little tip if you manage to get into Gomez' castle:(this is all from memory, haven't used this in ~2 years)

Upstairs youll find a (typically) empty room with just a few pieces of furniture and a door on the far side, with another door behind that, both doors are locked if i remember correctly, either there are keys to them to be found throughout the castle, or you can simply pick them, I can't seem to remember which =/.

Behind the doors is the large tower that can be seen from outside. There's several floors with tons of loot to be had, with some patience you could loot the entire tower and make off with tons of goodies.

Sorry I couldn't be more specific, I used to be a gothic fiend and could have easily given you the step by step, sadly my memory fails me a bit at the moment, but either way it's deffinately worth checking out =)

LordGorbag
13 years ago#9
Thanks, but I already looted the inner keep until I ran out of lockpicks. I don't like always reloading, but I die often enough, so I do it anyway. I got a couple of permanent strength potions which was nice...I'm waiting a couple of levels to try to beat up Bullit.

Now, I'm a shadow cuz the Old Camp looked the best, and seemed the easiest to join.

Trying to figure out the best way to kill Snappers now.

Guitarmaster1
13 years ago#10
Snappers can be tough, when they come in big groups you gotta be able to tear them down fast, you can't manipulate them as much when theres 5 others crowding you. But alone you can use their attack strategy agasint them, as they lunge at you for an attack, anticipate it by stepping back a bit, they should just barely miss you, counter with a smack in their face, you should get a few hits in with this strategy, it's easy to slip up and have them attack you though, just keep trying to perfect your method.
  1. Boards
  2. Gothic
  3. Mud - Can I stop him from following me around?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A