• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wild ARMs 2
  3. Have had this game for awhile...just starting it today
Long story short i have had a very bad last few months and I have owned this game for somewhere between 1-2 yeara now or so. I have bad ADHD amongst other issues and cannot comkit myself to just 1 game at a time when I play them.

I was made homeless in 2010 and my mother got rid of my massive game/arcade collection in 2010 after i was out as she wanted to use my room for something else and wouldnt store all my stuff(my room was a matress on the floor, a small space to walk to the door and a japaneae arcade sit down candy cabinet, neo geo 2 alot 19' screen gold cabinet, a CRT TV set up with tons of consoles hooked up to it as well as 3 large book cases, 3+ good size shelves and boxes piled up filled with games, consoles, guides, cables etc (games and consoles were mostly complete and boxed unless I couldnt obtain it that way.
I had alot from both japanese and US. Boxed or condition/completeness always mattered to me then. I also was very drawb to what is or was considered "niche" here especially jrps of all types, vusual novels, dating sims, shmups especially bullet hell etc...) so basically i had so much that i had no room to display a vast ammount and what couldnt ve displayes was stacked in boxes and or were doubles or whatever. Loosing all that was like loosing a huge part of me as all my life was gaming especially as I had no friends.

I am now very poor and on disability(wont get into details) but have been since 2015 slowly trying to get back into gaming. I initially got a cheap crappy lcd HD TV with only bare minimim hookup areas(only HDMI, a computer monitor type looking connection and RF Cable connection. It honestly took me a VERY LONG TIME to get over what I wrongfully lost and my passion I once had died with my old collection. I got a crappy slim ps3 and games cheap as well and got a few games on it that interested me back then or that were parts of series I was into previously (Tales of games, Valkyria Cbronicles, Ni no Kuni, FF13 1-3, Need for Speed Hot Pursuit(I do like some racing games), South Park Stick of Truth and some others but not very many I was very interested in...especially the games that came with the console when I got it initially. I also hated the fact the PS3 couldnt play PS2 games as the one i used to have did(60 gig) and i loved the PS2 and psx.

Fast forward to 2018...I have a few more consoles and finally had a Vita(wantes one since it was announced eapecially as i loved the PSP) and a PSP GO(i love how PS3 pads work with it). My gaming preferences are with sprite based and 2D or 2.5D games and early 3D(saturn/psx/psp/3DO/jaguar(yes i like the jag despite its lackluster library) but with needing to save bit by bit and with prices soaring especially with my fav console companys(sega, SNK and NEC) were and still are astronomical and with finding myself not enjoying most all new games i tried on ps4 and aside from a small amount, most on PS3 I decided to choose 1 console to focus on regaining games to play on and I choose PSX as i love its library for numerous reasons, and due to my old collections size I never got to play, finish, or even try/start many/most psx games(especially JRPGs) I had back then. Fast forward to today, I have 24 JRPG games(if you count Arc the Lad Collection as 1) and 2 or 3 doubles, some imports, and a small bit of games from other generas.

I am VERY proud to have the PSX games I do and I finally feel a small bit of the old spark and excitement from getting and or starting a new game I uses to have in a HUGE way. However, I am 35 now and I cant play more than mayve 1-3 hours total per day. Sometimes not at all.

One game I have really became really fond of and have been enjoying bigtime besides Thousand Arms and Tales of Destiny II(Tales of Eternia) and some others is Wild Arms. I never got to try or owned any of them 1 or 2 psx, 3-5 or Alter Code F PS2 at all way back then. Sadly, I havnt gotten through the original. Yet I got a good many hours in it but back in sept and oct I had some misshaps and lost some stuff while i was out (both my OLED vitas and memory cards are gone) and some games are partially missing or missing somewhere in the room I am living in. Currently disc 1 of Thousand Arms, and the complete games Wild Arms as well as Digital Devil Saga 1 and .hack GU 1 are missing somewhere.

I have decided to start Wild Arms 2 since I cannot progress in part 1 and I was really enjoying it. The 2D was really done well and the opening theme is just fantastic.

I do expect to eventually come accross my currently missing games as they unlike my vitas, never left my room. So far in Wild Arms 2 I am enjoying it a good bit. It has a good presentation and so far I am glad its general gameplay seems to be quite simillar to WA's and am finding many of the changes for the better. I am only through Ashley and Brads prolog so far and nees to play the Sorceress girls so the game itself can begin(I assume its doing what the original did and is having you do 3 short episodes of each main character than have the real game itself actually begin at the end of the 3rd and have em meet up somewhere or whatnot.

I am not fond of needing to perform a searching command on the map to hopefully find the next or any town/area you need to get to on the overworld map. Aside from that, no complaints from me thus far.

I plan to play more tomorrow but until I can turn up Wild Arms, I will be playing Wild Arms 2. I hope to someday obtain Alter Code F as well as 3-5 as well as Suikoden 1(i have 2 but wont start it till I get and play through the original), Lunar TSSSC, Legend of Dragoon, Vanguard Bandits, Legend of Mana, Tales of Destiny, Xenogears, Alundra, Grandia, Musashi, Valkyrie Profile as well as quite a few more. The psx library is just full of greatness and quality games from all kinds of generas with a massive amount never getting an official release here.

I am thrilled so many smart, intelligent, dedicated fans/people are in the fan translation scene currently and helping bring or make previously unplayable games only releaaes in japan playable in english. I have enjoyed playing through a good portion of Tales Phantasia psx, Tales Destiny Remake Directors Cut PS2, Brave Prove, Tear Ring Saga, Dr. Slump and Langrisser IV on PSX and many others on psp, ps2, and psx as well as on snes/super famicom and mega drive/genesis thanks to wonderful people dedicating free time to these projects. Racing Lagoon a racing/jrpg hybrid, and Battle Angel Alita: Memory of Mars(or Martian Memory for psx is currently in the works and im looking forward to both.

Sorry to get offtrack..

Wild Arms 2 I think will surpass the original from my early time with it...but i wont know until I get passed the prolog and make some progress. I never judge a game by its looks or graphics...the gameplay and music/sound is MUCH more important to me, but deapite not being very far, I can say for sure this game will most likely be equilivent to or even overall slightly superior to the original. Only time can and will tell that.

Very sad its taken so long for me to just be beginning to try out and enjoy the jrpg goodness that is Wild Arms 1 and 2. The theme song with the whistling is regularly stuck in my head....haha. Better find or experience something great late rather than never, I think anyway.

Be well all.
  1. Boards
  2. Wild ARMs 2
  3. Have had this game for awhile...just starting it today
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A