• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wild ARMs 2
  3. Playing for the first time

User Info: EveryonesGrudge

EveryonesGrudge
1 year ago#1
Love the first installment, never played the second. I want to go guide-free on the first run , but I have to ask: is there anything in particular I don't want to miss? Any part where you'd say "Hey, just make sure when you get to X-town you check out how to get this secret item that opens up blah blah"

Pumped to get started. Long time coming
You're likely debating your own hallucination

User Info: tamanjiri11

tamanjiri11
1 year ago#2
There are no missable items in Wild ARMs 2. The one-time dungeons in this game don't have chests, so you don't have to worry about missing items in this game.

Some monsters are missable but those monsters are in one-time dungeons. If you want a complete Monster Album, just make sure to kill every kind of monster in one-time dungeons.

This is pretty important if you want to take on the Optional Bosses later in the game. Make sure to invest your first 9 PS Points on Up HP. Maxing Up HP PS Skill as soon as possible gives your character a boost in HP growth every time they level up. If you don't max out Up HP asap, some of your characters won't be able to survive some of the powerful moves of some of the Optional Bosses.

Also, not maxing Up HP asap will make some of the boss fights harder. Maxing out Up HP asap is one of the many ways to make the game easier.

Lastly, four of the playable characters joins the party at Ashley's level. Let's just say, Ashley is Lv6, the new playable character that will join your party will be at Lv6. You don't want to overlevel Ashley if you want to maximize the effect of Up HP on your other characters. The lower Ashley's level is, the bigger boost the other characters will get with the Up HP skill, since they'll join your party at a lower level and you can max the Up HP skill earlier.
Wild ARMs 2 > Wild Arms 3 > Wild ARMs XF > Wild Arms 4 > Wild Arms Alter Code: F > Wild Arms > Wild ARMs 5
  1. Boards
  2. Wild ARMs 2
  3. Playing for the first time
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A