• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wild ARMs 2
  3. Question about Brad's Intro

User Info: xorpheusx

xorpheusx
1 year ago#1
First off, yeah, finally ready to beat this game, 20 years later!

Second, and it's probably a translation goof (god, of many) but Brad says "nanami/nanumi" during his intro. Is that someone's name?

Or just a goof?

Thanks
ARTHURUS, REX QUONDAM REXQUE FUTURUS

User Info: Mang_Kanor

Mang_Kanor
1 year ago#2
I think that's Merrill's name in Japanese.
dank memes

User Info: xorpheusx

xorpheusx
1 year ago#3
Mang_Kanor posted...
I think that's Merrill's name in Japanese.
Ah, ok thanks!
ARTHURUS, REX QUONDAM REXQUE FUTURUS
I can't say whether or not if that is Merrill's name in Japanese. But if I recall he says the line in Greenhell before he even meets Merrill, so it seems unlikely that's it.

Years ago I remember hearing that he originally said "dammit" but they changed it so he didn't say a "bad word". No idea if that is true either, since namumi or whatever isn't a word at all. If that were the case, changing it to "darn it" would have made much more sense. Though WA2 has it's share of questionable translation moments so who knows.
I don't like how my posts look without a signature.
(This space reserved for a future witty/clever statement)

User Info: tamanjiri11

tamanjiri11
1 year ago#5
The Great Yuffilator posted...
Years ago I remember hearing that he originally said "dammit" but they changed it so he didn't say a "bad word". No idea if that is true either, since namumi or whatever isn't a word at all. If that were the case, changing it to "darn it" would have made much more sense.
I guess this is the case. Brad said the word "Namumi" when his pursuers was about to find him. Brad hid behind a tree, readied his Bazooka and said "Namumi." Luckily Rassyu was able to save Brad that time (the pursuers thought that it was only Rassyu who they heard making a sound and not Brad).
Wild ARMs 2 > Wild Arms 3 > Wild ARMs XF > Wild Arms 4 > Wild Arms Alter Code: F > Wild Arms > Wild ARMs 5

User Info: EndThisReign

EndThisReign
1 year ago#6
Glad to see someone playing! I always took it as the name for his ARM. A lot of “old stoic warrior” character archetypes name their weapons.
  1. Boards
  2. Wild ARMs 2
  3. Question about Brad's Intro
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A

Where can I find every single medium? Side Quest1 Answer
How do I level up lilkas magic? Main Quest1 Answer
what is the best for magic for Ashley? Tech Support1 Answer
Gate Bridge chest? Side Quest1 Answer
Luck, how do I raise? Build1 Answer