• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Digimon World
  3. Any actually reliable evolution guide?

User Info: OtakuJuanma

OtakuJuanma
4 weeks ago#1
I've been wanting to finish this game since I was a kid and yesterday I sat down for that. I'm using a guide to reach the appropriate Ultimate levels, but so far none seem to work.
I started with Agumon>Meramon and while I was training to get the appropriate stats, long before I was close to the right numbers, it evolves into Andromon.

No complains there. The issue came when Andromon's lifespan ended, cue my new Betamon that evolved into Whamon (despite having the stats to become Seadramon). I spent Whamon's entire lifespan in the gym, doing the routine of 6 trainings in the same area then cure tiredness before it got the the point of counting as a care mistake, then back to the gym until sleep time. Rinse and repeat until Whamon dies. I hadn't quite reached the appropriate numbers tho, so I accept I might have been wrong. (The following digimon takes a small break from training to recruit Kuwagamon and Kabuterimon to have the Gym as good as it can be)
Third digimon, I make it a Kunemon, and through training a Kabuterimon. Then I train it until it reaches the numbers the guides say, 3500hp, 250 Off and Def, 200 all other stats... nothing happens. It's Day 10 of Kabuterimon's lifespan. I check other guides, they say the hp has to be... 7000?!! but then the same guide says that the stats are percentile to the hp. So now that I have 3500hp I just have to use the stats mentioned there but cut in half, so I train defense a bit more so I end up with 250 Off. 300Def and 200Speed, but I'm still at champion level... and Kabuterimon dies on day 13-14.

Is there ANY guide that can be called reliable? I've been using the Digivolution guides of IPezzini and Alitheiaa (the first and second guides in the Kabuterimon example respectively)

EDIT: just for the record, I'd rather not use any guide that sugests using glitches, I prefer to play without exploiting the spaghetti code of old games lol
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: Geta92

Geta92
4 weeks ago#2
Pretty much the only reliable information for this game is any info sourced by datamining the game. For evolution info, you'll want to use this:
https://www.phoenix-staffel.de/digimon/DigimonWorld/evolution.html

If you want to understand the game mechanics properly, you should give this guide a read:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1aHHXZXjZNDabFTWUdF055M0oshyC57kff5NVc2BTYGE
(edited 4 weeks ago)

OtakuJuanma
4 weeks ago#3
I had actually come across that doc, although I was only using it for the restaurant only.
The calculator is a true godsent tho... but now I wonder how in the digiheavens do you reach 7000hp and 600def?!! I spent almost the entirety of Kabuterimon's lifespan training and I barely reached 3900hp with other stats at roughly 200-350.

OtakuJuanma
4 weeks ago#4
So little update, I started a new game with that evolution calculator. I got a Greymon on my starting Agumon (I had to juggle stats for a while not to get Centarumon, would have been impossible to get it otherwise) and then aimed for Skullgreymon. Of course I couldn't get the stats to match, so instead I kept greymon in the 25-30 weight range and fought every possible battle, I kept track of it until I got to 40, and along the way made a bunch of mistakes, namely I trained him to exhaustion almost every day, and skipped many feeding hours but NEVER let him poop on the floor (I want that sukamon bar at zero). So in the end I had a Greymon with 63 battles (40 required) and 15-ish care mistakes (10 required). The calculator said I should be getting Skullgreymon despite not meeting the stat requirements, but day 10 arrived, then day 12, 14, 16... and Greymon still died instead of evolving, Can someone explain that? I'm utterly confused, specially since I had completed the requirements before the 10th day of his lifespan... thank goodness I didn't use any chips, but I did use a few happy mushrooms so he wouldn't lose stats to low happyness.
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: Neve

Neve
4 weeks ago#5
OtakuJuanma posted...
So little update, I started a new game with that evolution calculator. I got a Greymon on my starting Agumon (I had to juggle stats for a while not to get Centarumon, would have been impossible to get it otherwise) and then aimed for Skullgreymon. Of course I couldn't get the stats to match, so instead I kept greymon in the 25-30 weight range and fought every possible battle, I kept track of it until I got to 40, and along the way made a bunch of mistakes, namely I trained him to exhaustion almost every day, and skipped many feeding hours but NEVER let him poop on the floor (I want that sukamon bar at zero). So in the end I had a Greymon with 63 battles (40 required) and 15-ish care mistakes (10 required). The calculator said I should be getting Skullgreymon despite not meeting the stat requirements, but day 10 arrived, then day 12, 14, 16... and Greymon still died instead of evolving, Can someone explain that? I'm utterly confused, specially since I had completed the requirements before the 10th day of his lifespan... thank goodness I didn't use any chips, but I did use a few happy mushrooms so he wouldn't lose stats to low happyness.

That's because you need to fulfill 3 of the 4 requirements in order to digivolve. That would be either the weight or stats requirements. In your case, being around 25-35 KG should've been enough.

"Their hearts don't beat desire, they pump violence and poison."

User Info: SydMontague

SydMontague
4 weeks ago#6
Rule of thumb: if neither of the names Geta92, Romsstar, fliegenfuerst or SydMontague are attached to a guide it is most likely flawed.

My webtool should give almost perfect results. If it says you evolve and you don't it means you misjudged the data you entered, e.g. by counting care mistakes wrong.

Another problem you could've run into is that fighting a lot actually delays your evolution due to a bug. So your Greymon might have simply died before reaching the correct age.

You can also use the evolution guide I posted on this site.
"I'm a god because I take upon myself the burden of creation." - from Alexandra's Choice, Galatea (The Talos Principle)

OtakuJuanma
4 weeks ago#7
Okay, prolly it was the thing about fighting, since I did actually fulfill 3/4 conditions, number of fights, weight and care mistakes, was only missing number of techs.

As for Syd's tool, I AM using that exact tool, and that tool said Greymon would evolve into Skullgreymon. I'd post a screenshot if this site allowed it. It shows the values I punched in.

User Info: ThAbArT

ThAbArT
4 weeks ago#8
thing about bonus conditions is, if theres multiple bonus conditions, you only need to fulfill 1 to check the box.

So if a digi needs 20+ battles, 30+ techs or 60%+ discipline, just scold him for 60% discipline and its done.

also make sure to always have max happiness as low happiness greatly reduces lifespan.

as for sukamon: if your ultimate poops and becomes sukamon, you can revert him at king sukamon and iirc he gains another 96 hours life (only applies for ultimate => sukamon => ultimate). so it can actually be beneficial to poop on the floor (if you can spare the care mistakes).
i want hear as i want not: "yuna its the main protagonist"
- borjitasstoi, 23/4/2017.
(edited 4 weeks ago)

OtakuJuanma
4 weeks ago#9
Speaking of Sukamon, if an ultimate becomes Sukamon, does it keep his Ultimate stage stats? because that sounds like a neat and easy way to get Etemon through stat increase. Even if the Ultimate gets a small stat reduction, it should still be just shy of Etemon stats.

I'm mostly asking because I want to take care of all the nasty digimon in one lifespan, I'm going to get Numemon to recruit Monzaemon (literally the only recruit I'm missing outside of Mt. Infinity...and piximon) and turn that monzaemon into Sukamon to get Etemon. How easy/hard would that be?

OtakuJuanma
4 weeks ago#10
Figured. Sukamon cuts all stats in half, so since Monzaemon had 300-ish on all stats it now has roughly 150 in all of them. That's rather cool, ngl. Doesn't leave things "easy" but at least they're not like trying to push a Numemon with stats under 50 to 400+
  1. Boards
  2. Digimon World
  3. Any actually reliable evolution guide?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A