• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Digimon World
  3. Devil Chips and Chain Melons life change when using multiple of each?

User Info: ryuhipowers2

ryuhipowers2
10 months ago#1
So I have started one of the Randomizer runs and as luck would have it, Chain Melons are replacing one of the early item spawns and are very farmable. I have encountered two Devil Chips in chests so far and I am now pondering how this would work if I run into a Devil Chip Spawn and I am able to spam a ton of these into a digimon.

Is each one going to offset the other in life gain and loss (I have read melon only does 20 hours so it would be a net loss of 4 hours, but going to ignore that for now) or is there a limit/cap on how much each can affect a Digimon?

Or... is there a limit on the total increase/decrease and this juggling act would work if i kept around a net neutral total? Anyone happen to do this and know the outcome?
3DS FC - 1934 1154 1828

User Info: SydMontague

SydMontague
10 months ago#2
Every Melon/Chip you feed affects lifetime respectively.
"I'm a god because I take upon myself the burden of creation." - from Alexandra's Choice, Galatea (The Talos Principle)

User Info: tisseo

tisseo
7 months ago#3
There is a natural Chain Melon spawnpoint ingame, and I've never seen it listed so far (I've even e-mailed the person who wrote the item spawn guide about it).

It's in Gear Savannah, at the screen where Kokatorimon appears, with a vending machine. It spawns near the wall south, next to a small tree.

User Info: tisseo

tisseo
7 months ago#4
And so far I've never seen if there's a limite to how many of them you can use

SydMontague
7 months ago#5
If you want to know item spawns, use this tool: https://fliegenfuerst.github.io/dw1/items/

As opposed to most guides on this site and the rest of the Internet it actually uses data mined from the game.

It should be noted however that this data is from the US release of the game. While the PAL versions and Japanese 1.1 should use the same data the Japanese 1.0 version does have some different item spawns. For example the Power Ice in Gear Savanna is another Chain Melon spawn in that version.
"I'm a god because I take upon myself the burden of creation." - from Alexandra's Choice, Galatea (The Talos Principle)

User Info: Kirshard

Kirshard
5 months ago#6
SydMontague posted...
If you want to know item spawns, use this tool: https://fliegenfuerst.github.io/dw1/items/

As opposed to most guides on this site and the rest of the Internet it actually uses data mined from the game.

It should be noted however that this data is from the US release of the game. While the PAL versions and Japanese 1.1 should use the same data the Japanese 1.0 version does have some different item spawns. For example the Power Ice in Gear Savanna is another Chain Melon spawn in that version.

The screenshots in that guide you linked are much more beautiful than in my own game on an emulator. What did you use for them? I can only really increase the textures on the Digimon themselves, but not the enviroment.
Switch FC: SW-7561-4299-2118.
ACNH character: Kirshard. Town: Tenka. I'm the dirt poor looking guy in a plain cap and recycled boots.

SydMontague
5 months ago#7
Kirshard posted...
The screenshots in that guide you linked are much more beautiful than in my own game on an emulator. What did you use for them? I can only really increase the textures on the Digimon themselves, but not the enviroment.
The background maps? They're ripped straight from the game files, if your emulator displays them worse then there is probably something wrong with it.

You can find all images here: https://www.phoenix-staffel.de/digimon/DigimonWorld/Backgrounds/
  1. Boards
  2. Digimon World
  3. Devil Chips and Chain Melons life change when using multiple of each?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A