• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Digimon World
  3. 99 chips trick work on many other items although not all.

User Info: tkoif

tkoif
11 years ago#1
The 99 Items Glitch
I've tried this millions of times and it works on many different items not only chips. Thats why I call it the "99 items glitch" rather than the old "99 chips trick".
Let me break it down for you guys what exactly I did(same as what BKOmegamonX did)...

1.) Bring 4 or 5 items INCLUDING the "item" you like to get stolen and "Restore".
2.) Lose a battle to get the "item" stolen (reset the game if its not the right one).
3.) Lose a battle again with "Restore" getting stolen this time (MUST, reset if not).
4.) Go to the Secret Shop in Gear Savanna and buy the "item" ("Restore" should be above the "item" in the Recycled Items section of the shop).
5.) The "item" should be gone, therefore move your cursor over the place where the "item" was and press "X". You should be able to buy it again even though you see that nothing is there.

NOTE: This trick DOESN'T work with every items. It only works with RARE items that is not obtainable from shops or vending machines.
Example: Stat Chips, Digivolution Items, RARE Food Items. (I did this with Chain Melon and my Metal-Greymon lives until the age of 35 and is still alive now. ^_^)

.:Avoiding The "MAJOR PROBLEM":.
-You should NOT buy "the item" if the total price is more than the money you have in hand (even if you can). Why?

-Because your money cant be less than ZERO. If you spend more than what you have, your money will be glitched up forever. I've heard of a remedy saying that you should buy a pack of cards or something like that, but it didn't work for me.

-Now you're probably saying:"Hey, I wanna have 99 of that "item". How do I do that if I cant use more money than what I have?"

Well, there's a lot of ways to find money in this game. Here they are:

1.) Battle earns you money, a good place to find money from battles is from the three Clear Agumon at Toy Town. Fight them for 4500 bits each, you can earn 13500 bits in 1 battle if all three of them are in.

2.) The Mojyamon Moneymaker Trick, probably the most well known money trick in this game. (Recommended if you've not done the "99 items" glitch) Buy 99 Med.Recoveries (worth 500 each, making a total of 49500), trading them for 99 S.Def Disk from the southwestern Mojyamon in Freezeland which you'd sell for 2000 bits, making a total of 198000. Minus the initial investment of the 99 Med.Recoveries, you'd end up with a total amount of 148500 bits earned

3.) 99 Items Glitch Money Trick, The Ultimate Money Trick.
Assume that you have enough money, do the glitch thing above until step 4. Do step 5 but buy only 1 of that "item", then sell it and buy 99. Sell all and you should be able to buy 0 of that "item" for FREE. (Of course its free if you're buying nothing.^_^) With 0 amount of that "item", you can sell it 99 to the shop. Repeat "buy 0 sell 99" and you should get 999999 bits within seconds.

Time to say GOODBYE to the annoying "Mojyamon Money Trick". (Although it was helpful at the beginning..=P)

User Info: CedTS

CedTS
11 years ago#2
The Mojyamon trick can still be useful even after this, because it's a simpler way to get money, not so slow in comparison (the time in which you're trading 99 med. recoveries it's pretty much the same time spent in going and losing battles), and doesn't affect your digimon, while losing battles would. Of course, this trick has to be so darn useful for chips and items like digipine/spiny green (the items i'll be using for this XD)

But a few questions before i try it:
Is it a requierment to lose the item first, THEN the Restore? Can't you lose both items at once? And, does it have to be a Restore, or can it be any other item?
Also, can it be more than 1 item at once? (In Step 2, losing 2 "rare" items instead) And do you have to lose a Restore/otherpossibleitem everytime you want to get 99 of some item, or you just can lose it once and keep it there for getting more maxed rare items?

User Info: Med_Jai

Med_Jai
11 years ago#3
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]

tkoif
11 years ago#4
To CedTS

The Mojyamon trick is no longer useful after doing this glitch. Because once the 'item' have maxed out, you can buy 0 amount of that item and sell it as 99. This can be repeated as many times as you like so just watch the money flow...^_^

p.s. You don't need to repeat the 'losing battle thing' after you're able to buy 0 amount of that item.

For your question:
1.) Is it a requirement to lose the item first, THEN the Restore?
2.) Can't you lose both items at once?
3.) Does it have to be a Restore, or can it be any other item?
4.) Can it be more than 1 item at once?
5.) Do you have to lose a Restore/otherpossibleitem every time you want to get 99 of some item, or you just can lose it once and keep it there for getting more maxed rare items?

Answer:
1.) No, it can be vise-versa.
2.) You can, but DAMN HARD to do.
3.) Can be any 'possible item' but I'd recommend Restore because its easy to get.
4.) No because the 1 of the stolen item will be lost after you buy it back.
5.) You just can lose it once and keep it there for getting more maxed rare items.

User Info: timewizzy

timewizzy
11 years ago#5
One question, does the two items required for this to work need to be the only ones in the Shop?

As in, to do this, must you only have "item" and Restore listed as buyable items?

I will try this soon (PAL version), but regardless, an answer beforehand would be nice. And good job finding this out. =)

tkoif
11 years ago#6
No, there can be other items in the shop but the 'Restore' must be on top and the 'item' must be at the bottom of the buyable items list..

Which item will be on top and which will be at the bottom? Well, there's too many items if I'm gonna list them all so the easiest way is by having only two of those items on the list.

However I'm not sure if this will work on PAL version cuz I've only tested this on NTSC.

User Info: timewizzy

timewizzy
11 years ago#7
I've tested this with a Chain Melon, as you did.

It DOES work in the PAL version, albeit I don't know if the money making trick will work as I'm still too poor to buy 99 Melons and I only wanted them for H-Kabuterimon to live long enough until the Beetle Cup.

One final, possibly dumb, question, though.

Say you lose another item, and don't buy your Restore from the shop, will the trick "stop" working for the item it was originally on the bottom slot and now work for the new one, or will it work for both items, potentially creating a shop that sells most rare items? Or won't it work at all?

I'll test the money making once I raise enough funds.

tkoif
11 years ago#8
If you lose another item, the old one will NOT stop working.

But in order for the new one to work, it MUST be at the bottom of the list, below the old one.

And yes, you're right.
If done correctly, that shop will be a shop that sells most rare items.=D

Hope this clear things up..

User Info: BKOmegamonX

BKOmegamonX
11 years ago#9
Very nice!
Look for my signature below.
Look for my signature above.

User Info: BKOmegamonX

BKOmegamonX
11 years ago#10
-Because your money cant be less than ZERO. If you spend more than what you have, your money will be glitched up forever. I've heard of a remedy saying that you should buy a pack of cards or something like that, but it didn't work for me.

It works. Just buy a pack of cards(3 cards) for 500 BITS. After that, upon up your inventory and your BITS should be at 0.

*I recommend doing all of this with an in-training/fresh digimon to get discounts and save BITS.
Look for my signature below.
Look for my signature above.
  1. Boards
  2. Digimon World
  3. 99 chips trick work on many other items although not all.
  • Topic Archived