• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Street Fighter V
  3. Rate the SFV Character Theme, The Last Jam: Dan Hibiki
LouieKablouie 1 month ago#1
How would you rate Dan Hibiki's Theme on a 1-10 scale? - Results (11 votes)
18.18% (2 votes)
0% (0 votes)
0% (0 votes)
0% (0 votes)
0% (0 votes)
0% (0 votes)
0% (0 votes)
27.27% (3 votes)
9.09% (1 vote)
45.45% (5 votes)
This poll is now closed.
It's been some time hasn't it. Those who hung in there, I'm glad you did to see the last round of my personal reviews.

First up the fiercest fighter in his immediate vicinity, Ultimate master of the Saikyo, and pinkest powerhouse in the world; DAN!

Well first off I have to say that I did not have fun revisiting his SF4 or SFA3 themes. Neither were very pleasant to listen to, but the former was fitting. Extremely pushy in it's need to tell you that Dan is a big deal, and completely inept to everyone but himself. Ha, joke of the century, am I right?

I'm glad to see that his SFV rendition takes after his SFA1 theme, and goes in much more lounge music direction. It still has the appropriate instrumentation to remind you of Dan's buffoonery; 3 sets of cheesy 80s keytar riffs, a xylophone bridge, and even opens up with a funny transition sound.

The first 10 seconds warm you up to Dan as probably the coolest guy ever. Self proclaimed master backed up by one of the funkiest intros, there's even a swooning "oooh"! A funky guitar for a funky fella like Dan, allegedly.

Almost immediately some very contrasting keyboard riffs are introduced. A series of deep thwumps and really lighthearted pings. It's an oddly comical choice, it still remains very catchy and fitting for the character. I can only imagine at 0:40 his admirer is devastated at seeing that he doesn't stack up, or perhaps they're an even greater awe!

Despite the sudden shift it moves into a more relaxed xylophone bridge, before it breaks into a rockin session. 0:56, the guitar may have forgotten their amp but they work it! The bass, and keytar join in the melody in great synchronicity. I like to think this whole segment is Dan saving face after an embarrassing stumble. He brings out that killer smile and smug attitude and wins the crowd again.

Closing this piece is a softer keytar solo and they are killing it. What better way to leave your fans than with a bang. It loops really well, leaving the cool atmosphere of funky jam session right back into comedy keyboard. It speaks well to Dan's character actually; for every big leap Dan makes... a bigger fall comes right after.

In conclusion, this is a very strong theme. I always found Dan a difficult character to enjoy, and his themes or forced gag didn't help. This theme is surprisingly more subtle at delivering his character. Looks like Dan has shed a lot of the no longer effective joke character stereotypes. He's no longer intentionally bad, his small amount of talent is reflected in his VT being one bar. Hell he can even surprise you with an infinite ending red fireball.

Questionable but still fitting instrumentation, results are a distinct, layered, and symbolic theme

8/10, burn this in your memory!

Blanka-chan>>>>>>>>>
Now Playing: Shin Megami Tensei V (https://imgur.com/a/v4XIO9E)
Malevolent_Moon 1 month ago#2
Yeah I'd give it a 8/10 as well. Think it's the best rendition of his theme by far. Captures that goofy spirit of the character with a fun melody and chill vibes.
The sun goes down alone
Vulcan422 1 month ago#3
10/10. Easily one of the best songs in the game. The new composers they got for Season 5 is just amazing.
SF5: M. Bison, Guile | DNF Duel: Hitman, Vanguard
Mankind knew that they cannot change society, so instead of reflecting on themselves, they blamed the game.
indie_animator 1 month ago#4
Impressive review. :)
A good beat & unique sound makes it fun. Spent a lot of time on his trials (still can't get #10), so I'm glad it was good.
"For God is not the author of confusion but of peace." The Bible:1 Corinthians 14:33 YouTube: jettmanas PSN: cpnsleepy CFN: indie_animator
LouieKablouie 1 month ago#5
One last bump
Now Playing: Shin Megami Tensei V (https://imgur.com/a/v4XIO9E)
Magnetronous 1 month ago#6
He had one of the worst themes in the history of SF. I like the character, though.
Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 4700-2633-5643
Sony PlayStation Network (PSN) ID: Kalebent
Kylo_Ren_ 1 month ago#7
His stuff always been catchy. Love that intro too. 10/10 it's hip!!

https://youtu.be/jCZUVXTikb8
Hail Hydra.
  1. Boards
  2. Street Fighter V
  3. Rate the SFV Character Theme, The Last Jam: Dan Hibiki
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A