• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Street Fighter V
  3. Should characters have few or many normals in SF6?

User Info: Bass_X0

Bass_X0
4 weeks ago#1
SFV has few normals per character and SFIV has many normals per character.

I’m all for proximity normals, command normals and vertical jump attacks being different to diagonal jump attacks. That’s what we got in SFIV and I liked that, so was disappointed when SFV took them away. I like the variety, and I’ve gotten used to using proximity normals since World Warriors.

That said, you could say that fewer normals in SFV enabled us to have more characters than if we had more normals for every character.
"Well, it's not a bad game. It's made by Capcom, so how could it?" ~ AVGN

User Info: DarkDoc

DarkDoc
4 weeks ago#2
There's only one right answer to this.

User Info: Red Lobstar

Red Lobstar
4 weeks ago#3
Whatever works best for the character. Not all of them need as many normals as others do to succeed at their archetype.

User Info: Hassun

Hassun
4 weeks ago#4
Some should, some shouldn't. Variety!
Straight to the pointless.

User Info: Nerp

Nerp
4 weeks ago#5
If they stay by no proximity normals, at least don't make them stubby as hell.
Steam Name: Tulu Flulu, PSN: FreightTrainEX SFV Main: G., F.A.N.G.
Currently playing: Ghost of Tsushima, Pokemon Platinum. SMT 5 is coming at last!

User Info: DemonCurse69

DemonCurse69
4 weeks ago#6
Bring back proximity normals, diagonal jump normals, and neutral back jump air specials.

User Info: The_Zephyrus

The_Zephyrus
4 weeks ago#7
Nerp posted...
If they stay by no proximity normals, at least don't make them stubby as hell.
Proximity normals are stubby by default.
You need to be close to the opponent to get them. Therefore they're by default the stubbiest normals in the entire game.

Personally proximity normals can go away. Give me more command normals and more target combos for people who find linking normals complex.

I know more than you about fighting games

User Info: Vulcan422

Vulcan422
4 weeks ago#8
Whatever the developers feel is good enough to make the character as able to perform their intended function.
SF5: M. Bison, Urien, Seth | GGST: Nagoriyuki, Leo
I know the time of darkness will come someday, but I will fight it 'till the day I die!
  1. Boards
  2. Street Fighter V
  3. Should characters have few or many normals in SF6?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A