• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Street Fighter V
  3. Getting back into SFV

User Info: Shiro-RedWind-

Shiro-RedWind-
1 month ago#1
Been a minute since I played it. Last I owned it was the first iteration before Arcade Edition. I was watching the round table the other night, saw they added Akira in the latest upcoming DLC pack. So now I am debating a few things:

Is SFV still good or is it 'eh' right now?
Is it the worst time to jump back in or probably the best?
What is the community looking like at the lower, middle, and upper end for ranked and stuff?
And can you upgrade from the original V to CE or should I just buy the CE version?
"Gamefaqs doesn't allow Common Sense." - Tifanity
"Shiro -Red Wind- slaying posters with the mighty winds of Asgard as usual." - Sage_Han

User Info: pirofyre978

pirofyre978
1 month ago#2
You can upgrade from V to CE, I think it's $25 unless the upgrade kit is on sale now, might be. Online is only marginally better than it used to be. Capcom had it mostly fixed for awhile but now it's reverted to being fairly bad again. Might as well play some more now so by the time Akira comes out you'll have more familiarity with the current characters.

User Info: Malevolent_Moon

Malevolent_Moon
1 month ago#3
In the best place it's ever been gameplay wise. Though it is going to be in a drought from now until at least December.

I hear it's kinda rough in the lower half up until Platinum. But Platinum and above matches seem consistent.

Yes you can upgrade to the CE in the game's store menu. It's slightly cheaper if you get the upgrade kit which I believe is on sale.
God's lonely man

Shiro-RedWind-
1 month ago#4
Dope.

I will check the store today for it. I know I have a digital copy of SFV I believe. So I will download it and then check the store for the update. Thanks for the info dudes.
"Shiro -Red Wind- slaying posters with the mighty winds of Asgard as usual." - Sage_Han

User Info: DarkDoc

DarkDoc
1 month ago#5
The game plays and looks exactly the same as it always did. All they've added is a second V-Skill.

Why did you drop the game? If the answer is "it didn't have my main" then you might be in luck. If the answer is "it didn't have enough costumes" then you're definitely in luck. If your answer is anything else, then you'll be disappointed and you shouldn't bother.

If you still have access to your old copy, it will automatically update for free. You will only have to pay if you want Blanka and Evil Ryu.

Shiro-RedWind-
1 month ago#6
DarkDoc posted...
The game plays and looks exactly the same as it always did. All they've added is a second V-Skill.

Why did you drop the game? If the answer is "it didn't have my main" then you might be in luck. If the answer is "it didn't have enough costumes" then you're definitely in luck. If your answer is anything else, then you'll be disappointed and you shouldn't bother.

If you still have access to your old copy, it will automatically update for free. You will only have to pay if you want Blanka and Evil Ryu.

I dropped it at the time because I just got busy with work and stuff. New girlfriend and the like also made me put it down for a bit till I realized she was heavy into fighting games too. So I have decided to get back into it now that I realize I am not juggling the world on a string. COVID only made that easier too, being stuck indoors all day.

I also wanted to re-evaluate how I play and who I play. I am thinking about picking up Juri, Akira when she comes out, and a third but I am not sure who. Maybe Mika.
  1. Boards
  2. Street Fighter V
  3. Getting back into SFV
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A