• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Street Fighter V
  3. Now that Capcom canceled EVO, what about the Season 5 news?

User Info: FireMadePrime

FireMadePrime
1 month ago#1
Do you think they could release this news already since they're no longer waiting for EVO to buff their views on the new content?
https://twitter.com/4everbuffy

User Info: Eagle_hunter

Eagle_hunter
1 month ago#2
Capcom Cup?
"If you've got enough free time to fantasize about your beautiful death... Why don't you just live your life beautifully to the end"-Sakata Gintoki-

FireMadePrime
1 month ago#3
Eagle_hunter posted...
Capcom Cup?
Capcom Cup is officially happening only next year. This year will be just the online tournaments to get a spot on the capcom cup event.

User Info: Eagle_hunter

Eagle_hunter
1 month ago#4
FireMadePrime posted...
Capcom Cup is officially happening only next year. This year will be just the online tournaments to get a spot on the capcom cup event.
Crud, not following up the news lately.

They did say they'll announce this summer. But "When" the summer is the question?
"If you've got enough free time to fantasize about your beautiful death... Why don't you just live your life beautifully to the end"-Sakata Gintoki-

User Info: Ben Reilly

Ben Reilly
1 month ago#5
They could just do it anytime now

It wasn’t going to be as hype since it wasnt a live event so it really doesn’t matter
The day I met you is the day by which all others will be measured. 2/19/19 11:41 PM my baby girl entered the world

User Info: Sonnyb4u

Sonnyb4u
1 month ago#6
FireMadePrime posted...
Do you think they could release this news already since they're no longer waiting for EVO to buff their views on the new content?

Definitely, the Marketing department is once again brainstorming on what to do next.

I'd personally recommend compiling it all into a nice package. Developing a decent trailer. Holding a online release party. And sending a promo package to all popular/influential press sites and gamers for media exposure.

I think NRS did well with their recent campaign.

FireMadePrime
1 month ago#7
Sonnyb4u posted...
Definitely, the Marketing department is once again brainstorming on what to do next.

I'd personally recommend compiling it all into a nice package. Developing a decent trailer. Holding a online release party. And sending a promo package to all popular/influential press sites and gamers for media exposure.

I think NRS did will with their recent campaign.
Interesting idea. That could work.

Ben Reilly posted...
They could just do it anytime now

It wasn’t going to be as hype since it wasnt a live event so it really doesn’t matter
Yeah. They said that in July they'd reveal the CPT2020 stage and Champion's choice costume. Maybe they'll just reveal everything at once.

Eagle_hunter posted...
Crud, not following up the news lately.

They did say they'll announce this summer. But "When" the summer is the question?
Yeah. We're in Summer now. But when is the real question. Could be the very last day of summer if they wanted. But I'm feeling that could be mid July.

User Info: TheVector

TheVector
1 month ago#8
Sonnyb4u posted...

I think NRS did will with their recent campaign.

I expect this to happen with a lot of Companies that had any planned announcements (and I half expect the Stage and outfit to get released eariler then anyway)

what would of been the expected planned announcements anyway

Capcom (possible S5 details, maybe a new fighting game)

NRS (possible KP3 for MK11...Althought very doubtful)

Namco (possible S4 pass for Tekken 7....maybe something for Soul Cailber)

ArcSystem (the next S3 character for DBFZ)

SNK (a trailer and details on KOFXV)

Probealy only expect 2 of those to happen...but I guess there freed up now until whenever they want to announce them

FireMadePrime
1 month ago#9
TheVector posted...
I expect this to happen with a lot of Companies that had any planned announcements (and I half expect the Stage and outfit to get released eariler then anyway)

Probealy only expect 2 of those to happen...but I guess there freed up now until whenever they want to announce them
For SFV I think they'd reveal at least 2 characters and release them right after EVO just like past 2 years.

User Info: simplyKTG

simplyKTG
1 month ago#10
TheVector posted...

I hope you're right . After what's happened in EVO and in the Smash Community, those announcements may be the only thing saving this month!

CFNs: KTG_PS4 KTG_PC
  1. Boards
  2. Street Fighter V
  3. Now that Capcom canceled EVO, what about the Season 5 news?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A