• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Street Fighter V
  3. How'd you feel if Capcom retcom Ken to be a black character?

User Info: FireMadePrime

FireMadePrime
1 week ago#1
How'd you feel if Capcom retcom Ken to be a black character?

Remember the 2015 Fantastic Four movie where they've made the Human Torch to be black for social inclusion? What if they did the same with Ken Masters? Would that make the black community to feel more included?
They're constantly doing that in Hollywood. The character Larry Underwood from the Mini series "The Stand" from 1994 will be turned into a black guy in the 2020 remake for more social inclusion.
The Little Mermaid Ariel will be turned from a red head girl into a black girl for social inclusion.
That's happening right now in America but Street Fighter is a Japanese game. I wonder if they'll follow the trend.
https://twitter.com/4everbuffy

User Info: tenpowers

tenpowers
1 week ago#2
Most black people don't like all this race swapping. It's just a hand me down at that point.
PSN: VileGlory

User Info: OrlokDracool

OrlokDracool
1 week ago#3
FireMadePrime posted...
Remember the 2015 Fantastic Four movie where they've made the Human Torch to be black for social inclusion? What if they did the same with Ken Masters? Would that make the black community to feel more included?
They're constantly doing that in Hollywood. The character Larry Underwood from the Mini series "The Stand" from 1994 will be turned into a black guy in the 2020 remake for more social inclusion.
The Little Mermaid Ariel will be turned from a red head girl into a black girl for social inclusion.
That's happening right now in America but Street Fighter is a Japanese game. I wonder if they'll follow the trend.
Then the game would flop like that movie.

User Info: Zack_Attackv1

Zack_Attackv1
1 week ago#4
I try to forget anything and everything having to do with Josh Trank.
http://i.imgur.com/d9SSHEu.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/nnHrIxH.jpg

User Info: Duallton

Duallton
1 week ago#5
What a stupid question
Not changing this signature until Atlus announce a P3/P4 HD Collection for PS4

User Info: DarkDoc

DarkDoc
1 week ago#6
What a load of s***.

User Info: lovethepeace

lovethepeace
1 week ago#7
tenpowers posted...
Most black people don't like all this race swapping. It's just a hand me down at that point.
Speaking for other people is always smart.

I wouldn't care in the slightest.
As a black man I wouldn't be cool with it...Still pissed that Capcom made him more Japanese than Caucasian. They done retconned his genes all up to the point he dyed his hair and wear contacts.
Warning: I have a different views about stuff so try not to get worked up. OK?

User Info: lolesports1979

lolesports1979
1 week ago#9
sorry as a man of colour i find your question f***ing patronising and race baiting trash
blood is thick but syrup is thicker, think about it

User Info: LunasHowl

LunasHowl
1 week ago#10
As a Black male I would go WTF Capcom, just stop. I have zero problem with Ken's race, just his frame advantage (jk jk). SF is a huge universe so they could easily flesh out or create another character if they wanted. Making a character Black that was formerly half Japanese half White for no reason would just be silly. They need to focus all of their energy on the netcode as this point anyway because BRUH...
  1. Boards
  2. Street Fighter V
  3. How'd you feel if Capcom retcom Ken to be a black character?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A