• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Street Fighter V
  3. Should Capcom remake Final Fight 1?

User Info: FireMadePrime

FireMadePrime
1 month ago#1
Should Capcom remake Final Fight 1? - Results (79 votes)
Yes
58.23% (46 votes)
No
41.77% (33 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Capcom is remaking a lot of Resident Evil games. And also SF5 retcon somethings from Final Fight lore like Belger being alive and well appearing both in the Ring of Justice stage and in Abigail SF5 arcade ending. They also retcon that Cody and Lucia are friends and know each other for years when Cody wasn't even in Final Fight 3.

I think a Final Fight Remake including all characters from final fight and the ones introduced in Street Fighter games like Hugo, Zeku among others could be amazing. There could be even cameo from Street Fighter characters in that game.
https://twitter.com/4everbuffy

User Info: lovethepeace

lovethepeace
1 month ago#2
I'm already bored of Streets of Rage 4, so no.

User Info: SpiralSwords

SpiralSwords
1 month ago#3
Resident Evil is a top-seller, so it's understandable to see the remakes for that series.

If they did a remake, I'd prefer them to make a game that covers the events from Final Fight 1-3 since the other two are more obscure compared to the first one.
"I ain't INTERESTED in a buncha scrubs like you!!"-Cloud Strife

User Info: XiahouSong

XiahouSong
1 month ago#4
SpiralSwords posted...
Resident Evil is a top-seller, so it's understandable to see the remakes for that series.

If they did a remake, I'd prefer them to make a game that covers the events from Final Fight 1-3 since the other two are more obscure compared to the first one.
Yep. I've always wanted a collection of the Final Fight titles, but this may be the easier route since Final Fight 2 and 3 are likely part-owned by Nintendo. Which would make it hard for Capcom to release such a collection on platforms other than the Switch.
---
The Dragon reveals himself only to vanish.

User Info: SpiralSwords

SpiralSwords
1 month ago#5
^Any idea why those two never saw an Arcade release?
"I ain't INTERESTED in a buncha scrubs like you!!"-Cloud Strife

User Info: pizzacat83

pizzacat83
1 month ago#6
lovethepeace posted...

The slow movement killed that game for me. I don’t know what they were thinking when they made Cherry the only default character that could run.
DoA6: Raidou, Rachel ; SC6: Voldo, Xianghua ; T7: Bear, Anna
MK11: D'Vorah, Kollector ; UNIST: Byakuya, Vatista ; SF5: F.A.N.G, Falke

User Info: Malevolent_Moon

Malevolent_Moon
1 month ago#7
Of course they should.

SoR4 shows that there's still a market for old school Beat Em Ups. With some modern touches it could be a great smaller budget title
God's lonely man

User Info: eko111

eko111
1 month ago#8
Love sor4, a final fight remake is all I want now

User Info: Kylo_Ren_

Kylo_Ren_
1 month ago#9
f*** Yes!!

Remake all 3 with redrawn sprites. Add in new enemies and stages.

With this package comes Final Fight 4, now with all 7 characters playable and 3 new ones to the franchise. Alex, Chun-Li and a new character.
A fool's mind is at the mercy of his tongue and a wise man's tongue is under control of his mind.

User Info: Robin_Mask

Robin_Mask
1 month ago#10
lovethepeace posted...
Funny since I wanted SOR4, but let's be honest, the old days we barely had a ton of great games... so whatever was great or amazing, was held as one of the best of all time.
My YT: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCC8OmMlZXYXJmAi_f1vvNPg
Top games this gen: RE2/RE3=Witcher 3=RDR2=GOW=Doom>T7>Doom Eternal
  1. Boards
  2. Street Fighter V
  3. Should Capcom remake Final Fight 1?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A