• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
Strangeotron 1 year ago#1
I know it's part of the game blah blah blah

But seriously? Can't Capcom see the problem here? All people do is turtle and hide behind fireball spam, and the only characters that get picked are the fireball spammers.

I know people will say "whatever you do to win", that's fine. I get it. But does it really make for an engaging match? Don't you want to play the game and not have the game play you? Wouldn't you rather lose an interesting tense fun match than just get a win at any cost? Is that what matters?

In real life it's a bad argument to say that because something's always been a certain way that that way is the best way to do things or a good way of doing things?

I get nothing will change and that capcom aren't going to listen to me, a scrub (suck it up buttercup), but the incessant turtling and fireball defensive play isn't all that engaging. I get that if I were a better player, sure. I don't dispute that, but even then it's going to be the same experience whether I win or not.

Son_of_Snoop 1 year ago#2
What rank are you? At the low ranks I find shotos are way more likely to try and jump in on you constantly than zone with fireballs.
Not changing this signature until the Memphis Grizzlies win the NBA Championship.
Marozi 1 year ago#3
Strangeotron posted...

But seriously? Can't Capcom see the problem here? All people do is turtle and hide behind fireball spam, and the only characters that get picked are the fireball spammers.

I know people will say "whatever you do to win", that's fine. I get it. But does it really make for an engaging match? Don't you want to play the game and not have the game play you? Wouldn't you rather lose an interesting tense fun match than just get a win at any cost? Is that what matters?

In real life it's a bad argument to say that because something's always been a certain way that that way is the best way to do things or a good way of doing things?

I get nothing will change and that capcom aren't going to listen to me, a scrub (suck it up buttercup), but the incessant turtling and fireball defensive play isn't all that engaging. I get that if I were a better player, sure. I don't dispute that, but even then it's going to be the same experience whether I win or not.

Which characters do you play, and which fireball characters are giving you a difficult time?

SFV, second only to SFIII is probably the most hostile game in the series to people just chucking plasma; much of the cast has a good way to deal with them.
GT: Moondogtk PSN: Moondogtk:
Discord: Shane#1573 | https://i.imgur.com/cs2UMbZ.jpg
Strangeotron 1 year ago#4
Son_of_Snoop posted...
What rank are you? At the low ranks I find shotos are way more likely to try and jump in on you constantly than zone with fireballs.
the rank above toilet
DemonCurse69 1 year ago#5
Fireballs are weak in SF5 and everybody has a way around them. Get good.
Believe women. Sexual assault is not OK
https://twitter.com/XanozIchimonji/status/1159920371669168128?s=20
ProsodiJ 1 year ago#6
Fireballs are literally the weakest they've ever been in any SF and 70% of the cast was at least one move where they bypass having to play neutral or respect fireball games at all and can just get in.

Git gud.

S O L M V K R
megaman623 1 year ago#7
Strangeotron posted...

I would much rather have a 99 second fireball war than fight a 10 second fight against a rushdown Laura doing constant mixups. Fireballs are cool and will always be a part of fighting games. And also, turtling, fireballs, and defense in SFV is weak.
Tekken 7 - Leo/Lars, Smash Ultimate - Samus, MK11 - Frost/Cassie, Soulcalibur VI - Taki,
Waiting for Makoto in SFV... :(
Rwby314 1 year ago#8
Only really 2 characters can play a fireball game in sf5 and that's Sagat, Guile, and maybe Ryu to an extent. What character do you play that gives you trouble with fireballs?
Strangeotron 1 year ago#9
Marozi posted...
Which characters do you play, and which fireball characters are giving you a difficult time?

SFV, second only to SFIII is probably the most hostile game in the series to people just chucking plasma; much of the cast has a good way to deal with them.
Rashid who i know has tools. THat's not really the issue. It's the way people play
DemonCurse69 1 year ago#10
Strangeotron posted...
Rashid who i know has tools. THat's not really the issue. It's the way people play
https://youtu.be/lhckuhUxcgA
Believe women. Sexual assault is not OK
https://twitter.com/XanozIchimonji/status/1159920371669168128?s=20
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A