• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Street Fighter V
  3. Should Capcom postpone Capcom Cup begining this week due crises in the US?

User Info: Loki90

Loki90
2 months ago#1
Should Capcom postpone Capcom Cup beginning this week due crises in the US? - Results (32 votes)
Yes
25% (8 votes)
No
75% (24 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I'm sure everyone here is aware of whats happening in the US. Riots, curfew hour, violence on the streets, buildings, etc etc.

Playstation just canceled the PS5 games reveal that would happen on June 4 this week.

Considering that a huge part of the Street Fighter community are black people and they're living a nightmare right now and really sad to what happened to George, I think that in solidarity they should cancel the beginning of Capcom Cup on June 6 and move to another date.

Black lives matters.

User Info: Ammo25

Ammo25
2 months ago#2
I don’t. Riots happen all over the world and we aren’t special. If anything, we could use a little shred of normalcy right now.

Loki90
2 months ago#3
Ammo25 posted...
I don’t. Riots happen all over the world and we aren’t special. If anything, we could use a little shred of normalcy right now.
Is just that maybe a player who intend to compete in capcom cup could live in a neighborhood affected by the riots. See my point? How could have focus on playing the tournament without worry about a lost bullet reaching his home.

User Info: fohstick

fohstick
2 months ago#4
yes. BLM matters more than a children's video game tournament. In fact, everyone should stop gaming this year to go out and support the protests

User Info: OwlFather

OwlFather
2 months ago#5
Yes, Netflix and Amazon video should suspend their services so everybody can focus on the real matters for once

User Info: nhat

nhat
2 months ago#6
fohstick posted...
yes. BLM matters more than a children's video game tournament. In fact, everyone should stop gaming this year to go out and support the protests
Maybe stop going on videogame forums and spending time there too if that's what you really believe in
PSO- 09

Loki90
2 months ago#7
It's official.

Got postponed

https://twitter.com/CapcomUSA_/status/1268180735799812096

User Info: Shelltron3030

Shelltron3030
2 months ago#8
Loki90 posted...
Black lives matters.
Oh FMP you really are without shame lol.

http://imgur.com/a/Pbir26Q

User Info: frankspank

frankspank
1 month ago#9
I don't see how people can ignore the fact that this movement is in fact promoting racism.

User Info: Kylo_Ren_

Kylo_Ren_
1 month ago#10
Loki90 posted...
Considering that a huge part of the Street Fighter community are black people and they're living a nightmare right now

FMP......
A fool's mind is at the mercy of his tongue and a wise man's tongue is under control of his mind.
  1. Boards
  2. Street Fighter V
  3. Should Capcom postpone Capcom Cup begining this week due crises in the US?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A