• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Street Fighter V
  3. Should we wean off the use of Jab, Strong, Fierce, Short, Forward, Roundhouse

User Info: nhat

nhat
1 week ago#11
Logical style
PSO- 09

User Info: Bass_X0

Bass_X0
1 week ago#12
RetroGamer9 posted...
4 button. No reason for an extra 2 buttons for a fighting game just because it was a thing back in the arcades over 3 decades ago.

I want them to experiment with two different versions of characters in the same game. One version would have six buttons, the other would have four buttons.
"Well, it's not a bad game. It's made by Capcom, so how could it?" ~ AVGN

User Info: DemonCurse69

DemonCurse69
1 week ago#13
Bass_X0 posted...
I want them to experiment with two different versions of characters in the same game. One version would have six buttons, the other would have four buttons.
No. This game already lost too many moves and you want to get rid of more? Get the f*** outta here with that bulls***.
Don't be a Dork Dick

User Info: Bass_X0

Bass_X0
1 week ago#14
DemonCurse69 posted...
No. This game already lost too many moves and you want to get rid of more? Get the f*** outta here with that bulls***.

Who said anything about getting rid of moves? I want the same moves available but on four buttons. Of course, proximity normals would be a thing, but that’s a Street Fighter tradition.
"Well, it's not a bad game. It's made by Capcom, so how could it?" ~ AVGN

User Info: Ebilryu

Ebilryu
1 week ago#15
different_level posted...
I call them light, medium and hard, but I don't mind people using other names. It's all about personal preference.

This but instead of hard i use heavy can't remember exactly why...
Don't mind others using whatever they like as long as we all understand it

User Info: YRYRDZ

YRYRDZ
1 week ago#16
Ebilryu posted...
You probably use "heavy" because that's the common nomenclature in other types of video games.
Play games.

User Info: DemonCurse69

DemonCurse69
1 week ago#17
Bass_X0 posted...
Who said anything about getting rid of moves? I want the same moves available but on four buttons. Of course, proximity normals would be a thing, but that’s a Street Fighter tradition.
Because you literally can't fit all the normals as well as 4 variations of specials on 4 buttons
Don't be a Dork Dick

User Info: KungFu Rider

KungFu Rider
1 week ago#18
DarkDoc posted...
I'm gonna walk away at this point.
Don't get mad/bitter for being corrected by means of evidence. The whole Jab, Strong, Fierce, Short, Forward, Roundhouse terminology was never official even in the U.S. and was definitely NOT "used all over the world" as you claimed.

kofreak posted...
While we're there, we should also change qcfP and dpP to 236P and 623P for even better clarity.
But there doesn't seem to be any other way around this other than using Wingding-like arrow symbols or write the hold thing out (i.e. Down, Down-Forward, Forward + P).

RetroGamer9 posted...
4 button. No reason for an extra 2 buttons for a fighting game just because it was a thing back in the arcades over 3 decades ago.
I believe Judy Han was the first character in the SF series that uses only 5 buttons instead of 6... at least in SF4.

Bass_X0 posted...
That would beg a SF game with a robust option like SFA3's -Ism system where you have a Simplified, Standard, and Advanced. Perhaps a 4th -Ism in the vain of SFA1 & SFA2's Auto mode where your moves are simplified to 4 buttons with the last two buttons assigned to players two favorite special moves plus auto-blocking at the expense of having to suffer chip damage for blocking even regular moves, one-level super meter, and dull/intentionally washed out color palette.

Ebilryu posted...
I believe the intent for L --> M --> H is Low --> Middle --> High, though contemporary designation have come to accept Light --> Medium --> Heavy (rather than "Hard" to better contrast to "Light"). This may have been done to distinguish SF's button designation from those of Mortal Kombat's, whose High-Punch, Low-Punch, High-Kick, Low-Kick were based on the actual attack technique/appearance rather than strength.

In the Japanese versions, the same letters (L, M, H) were used back when menus were limited to alphanumeric characters. But whenever possible they use the Kanji designation, Jaku (Weak) --> Chuu (Middle) --> Kyou (Strong) instead.

DemonCurse69 posted...
Because you literally can't fit all the normals as well as 4 variations of specials on 4 buttons
I personally prefer SF's default control to remain 6 buttons as well.
CYBORGS ARE SO CONTENT, I WISH I CAN BE ONE...

User Info: SpiralSwords

SpiralSwords
1 week ago#19
Juri used all 6 buttons in SF4. The whole cast did.
"I ain't INTERESTED in a buncha scrubs like you!!"-Cloud Strife
(message deleted)
  1. Boards
  2. Street Fighter V
  3. Should we wean off the use of Jab, Strong, Fierce, Short, Forward, Roundhouse
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A