• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Street Fighter V
  3. Seth is a good example of why fighting game devs shouldn't go with fan demand

User Info: Sony_7

Sony_7
1 week ago#1
Seth is one of the least popular characters in SF history. Ono even admitted it himself once. That didn't stop them from putting him in the game, which is a good decision, because he's an awesome character with a great personality and moveset. If it were up to the fans, this game would basically be Rival Schools. Thank God they went with what would be interesting instead.
He needed a little molding of course; what kid doesn't? But in time, we came to love him as our own. Say hello J.J.

User Info: fohstick

fohstick
1 week ago#2
agreed. What's important is that Seth looks and feels fun to play. Rosterbeggers are the blight of the FGC

User Info: Kylo_Ren_

Kylo_Ren_
1 week ago#3
Adding Rose instead of Seth would of boosted sales.

s***....even Dudley.

But hey....go on, keep adding your Lucias, Poisons, Kages we didn't ask for.
A fool's mind is at the mercy of his tongue and a wise man's tongue is under control of his mind.

User Info: ScrappyDingo

ScrappyDingo
1 week ago#4
I legit want Rival Schools characters in the game.

And now Seth has given me a Darkstalkers itch that I need Morrigan in to scratch.
Cancer free 52 months and counting!
The Seahawks intentionally injured Carson Wentz in the 2019-20 NFC Wild Card game

User Info: KungGuld

KungGuld
1 week ago#5
Kylo_Ren_ posted...
Adding Rose instead of Seth would of boosted sales.

s***....even Dudley.

But hey....go on, keep adding your Lucias, Poisons, Kages we didn't ask for.

Only, people did ask for Poison quite a lot.

User Info: Kylo_Ren_

Kylo_Ren_
1 week ago#6
Fell for the bait.
A fool's mind is at the mercy of his tongue and a wise man's tongue is under control of his mind.

User Info: Richardthe3rd

Richardthe3rd
1 week ago#7
I generally agree with you.

I think Rose or Viper would've been higher profile more demanded additions than Seth.

Now that Seth's here, I love him and am super excited to dig into the character more.

They probably got themselves ignored by some of the SF fanbase by choosing Seth.
excusatio non petita, accusatio manifesta.

User Info: KungGuld

KungGuld
1 week ago#8
Kylo_Ren_ posted...
Fell for the bait.
Ok?

To what end?

User Info: DarkDoc

DarkDoc
1 week ago#9
You just made me think of female Rufus
If it were old Seth fans wouldn't be so receptive.

But because Capcom changed Seth's gameplay, design, and it's personality, yes it is favored this time.
  1. Boards
  2. Street Fighter V
  3. Seth is a good example of why fighting game devs shouldn't go with fan demand
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A