• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Street Fighter V
  3. How long have you been playing Street Fighter?

User Info: BlackDesperado

BlackDesperado
6 days ago#1
And your favorite title?

Title that gave you the hardest time to learn?
Bring back Dino Crisis Capcom

User Info: WDCain

WDCain
6 days ago#2
Alpha 3 was the game that got me into fighting games. I still own my original copy on the ps1.

Ultra SF4 is still giving me troubles. I never did get the hang of FADC.
Uhhh since I could hold a controller. So we'll say '94. Started with SF2, one I played the most was ST.

Favorite is Third Strike. That game is a well oiled machine. It just works so well, beautiful art direction, superb soundtrack, and the urban atmosphere was great. Parries are such a fun and cool mechanic, creates a nice meta too during long sets.

One I had the hardest time learning was Alpha 2. It was very different from the rest of the series.
God's lonely man

User Info: Darth_Havok

Darth_Havok
6 days ago#4
I'm an old bro. (no boomer comments pls, was never funny)

I started watching older kids play SF1. I personally, started w/ SF2 (pre, CE) as for favourite? Alpha 3. Hardest to learn? SF3. Can't parry to save my life.
XBOX GT: Guilty Griever
PSN: Darth-Griever

User Info: GunkoGunko

GunkoGunko
6 days ago#5
Been playing SF since the mid 90s. Fell out of love with the series a bit, especially when 3D fighters started to pop up (loved Tekken and Soul Calibur series). Sadly, I completely ignored the SF3 series. Really got back into the SF series because of SF4, and now the rest is history! (I have since gone back to play SF3, so thankfully I haven't missed too much)

Honestly, SFV has to be my favourite of the series. There hasn't been a single fighting game I've dedicated so much time playing and spectating, and I've seriously enjoyed the majority of that time spent. SFV is a polarising game, but I love it. ST gets a special mention too.

I can't say I've found any of the SFs difficult to learn, but then again, I don't think I've ever really put in time to seriously learn a SF game in the past. It was only until SF4 that I put in real effort to get somewhat decent (and I was still rubbish!).
CFN: Gunkooo (PSN), HajimeNoGunko (PC), DOJO: Gunkoism

User Info: mrHowlll

mrHowlll
6 days ago#6
I'm not really sure what my first street fighter game was. If I had to guess it might have been alpha 3 though I forget if it were on the game boy advance or the psp.
As for my favorite street fighter that would be street fighter 3 third strike online for xbox 360.
5 most wanted Smash characters: Klonoa, Sora, Dante, Travis Touchdown, Krystal
I'd love to see a Bloody Roar 5 or Bloody Roar reboot for Nintendo Switch

User Info: Avalon64

Avalon64
6 days ago#7
I was a wee young lad when I popped in a quarter in an arcade cabinet of SF2 at a Chinese grocery store, heh got my butt kicked badly but little did I know it then it would be my start on playing fighting games

owned SF2 on the SNES and pretty much played EVERY SF title following that
Can you taste The Angel's extraordinary skill?- Angel
Humanity alone possesses a God The power to transcend the now the inner God called possibility - Banagher

User Info: NoizyChild

NoizyChild
6 days ago#8
Casually since 1992.

Competitively since 2016.
https://game.capcom.com/cfn/sfv/profile/RxGNoizyChild
(edited 6 days ago)

User Info: CLupula

CLupula
6 days ago#9
Since I first played SFII Turbo in a local bowling alley, when I was in high school.

My favorite is Alpha 3 (on Dreamcast), followed by SFV, followed by SFIV.
(edited 6 days ago)
I played the original arcade SF1 at the local putt putt arcade but really got into SF2, and SF2 M Bison fight was always rediculi.
  1. Boards
  2. Street Fighter V
  3. How long have you been playing Street Fighter?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Answers