• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Street Fighter V
  3. E honda is everything wrong with the game.

User Info: haimara

haimara
1 month ago#31
AceByTheBay posted...
NoizyChild posted...
AceByTheBay posted...
bobaban posted...
I feel like he is scrub king mode. So unpublishable, like wtf were they thinking.

That's all I came for, one person to agree with me E Honda is BS. You can outplay a cheap character if the player is bad enough. It's that he's abusive like the other scrub kings, doesn't reward skill, gives you all the damage off yolo moves.

We get it, you're bad.

Instead of making dumb ass whining topics, why not just ask for help fighting the character?

If you hate Honda, G will give you a stroke.

Um.. No, G has flaws that aren't negated with strengths. :)

Such as, G has slow anti airs, slow moves in general, punishable moves and absolutely no defense.

Also, you must didn't read my main post, I kill all top tiers because I outplay the player, doesn't mean their characters aren't completely meta to what wins in the game. (the whole point of the thread)

G's slow anti airs are negated by them giving him a full combo, with corner carry, with very little scaling b/c you're starting with a heavy button. give me a character that isn't abigail, because he *also* has slow anti airs, that gets as much damage as G does off a good AA. slow moves are negated again by giving him huge combos, corner carry, and oki off basically everything, & the fact he's a whiff punish monster. cr.lp counterhit for example is extremely high damage off a light CH compared to most, and cr.mp whiff punish is massive damage

punishable moves is true for the entire cast? unless you're trying to say his specials, in which case if someone has a safe special it's generally either just 1, or when using EX, or like bison/guile they are 1) charge and 2) entirely designed around those safe specials. and, G has wheel kick which is safe when spaced well vs most of the cast so that's also just not very true

User Info: Vulcan422

Vulcan422
1 month ago#32
AceByTheBay posted...
That's all I came for, one person to agree with me E Honda is BS. You can outplay a cheap character if the player is bad enough. It's that he's abusive like the other scrub kings, doesn't reward skill, gives you all the damage off yolo moves.

Honda is not a YOLO character at all. You HAVE to play patient with him and make good reads. That's how he's always been since SF2. Headbutts are a risk with high reward. Same with Buttslams.

AceByTheBay posted...

Such as, G has slow anti airs, slow moves in general, punishable moves and absolutely no defense.

Yeah...no. G has the most broken, bulls*** V-Trigger in the game. Straight-up turns him into a f***ing boss character, as designed by SNK. All his moves become Level 3 Presidency, his V-Skill turns into a fireball that can absorb up to 5 hits, and his specials can now be canceled into one another, including into V-Skill. The instant he activates, you're fighting a completely different character. One who is top 5 in the entire game. That alone makes up for all of the shortcomings you have to deal with when playing G.
SF5: M. Bison, Guile, Urien, Sakura | T7: Kazumi, Dragunov, Feng, Shaheen | SamSho: Genjuro, Haohmaru, Yoshi

User Info: RNGNoizyChild

RNGNoizyChild
1 month ago#33
AceByTheBay posted...

You clearly haven't seen G in action.

There's a reason he's considered to be Top 10 at bare minimum while Honda is considered mid-tier at best.

If you're whining about a character like Honda, then there's no way you're outplaying anyone, because Honda is bush league compared to characters like G, Mika, Rashid, and Akuma.
#GetTheStrap

User Info: ProsodiJ

ProsodiJ
1 month ago#34
Imagine defending G, the worst robbery character in the game since S2 Urien/Laura/Rog only to complain about Honda.

Lol.
3x Grand Master Rank on CFN

User Info: Nnamz

Nnamz
1 month ago#35
haimara posted...
ryu's st.lk is such a good tool. getting those ranged -4 punishes on stuff that should be spaced well is very strong, a shame he's so lacking everywhere else. & even then, his lk vs ibuki's lk... basically the same button but she gets 4000 damage off it, into a mixup if near the corner or v trigger is ready

Yeah he needs some more tools. Great overall improvements to him these past 2 seasons, though.
  1. Boards
  2. Street Fighter V
  3. E honda is everything wrong with the game.
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Answers