• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Street Fighter V
  3. E honda is everything wrong with the game.

User Info: nhat

nhat
3 weeks ago#11
AceByTheBay posted...
StrangerDanger2 posted...
How do you say this game doesn’t reward skill but in the same post say you kill E Honda’s because of your fundamentals? Lol

It's called out playing your opponent. I beat the opponent. His character is what's wrong.

Once again, this not a personal post about a specific player, this is about the character itself and the character having what's abusive about the game.

What? Almost All his mechanics are in past games are in this one, they didn't really change him. It's a heavy matchup knowledge match and once you get it he's fairly manageable
PSO- 09

User Info: Josephiroth

Josephiroth
3 weeks ago#12
Stephen707 posted...
@Josephiroth
Would you mind giving them a few tips on how to approach the Honda match-up? Please and thank you.

I will once I figure out the match up myself. I haven't run into E.Honda in about a month.

User Info: Stephen707

Stephen707
3 weeks ago#13
Josephiroth posted...
Stephen707 posted...
@Josephiroth
Would you mind giving them a few tips on how to approach the Honda match-up? Please and thank you.

I will once I figure out the match up myself. I haven't run into E.Honda in about a month.

In a month? Considering your rank that does make sense, but it is still a little surprising. Never-the-less I appreciate it. Joining in and saying Honda is broken isn't as useful as simply telling someone how to fight them.
CFN: CrazyDiamond707

User Info: DarkDoc

DarkDoc
3 weeks ago#14
So far he's the only character I have been interested in from S4.

He seems pretty good. I'm quite pleased with his walk speed. His damage is pretty good and his reach is kinda medium. His V-Skill is meh.

Some of my problems with SFV are stubby normals and high damage, also chip damage. I guess some of these apply to Honda.

User Info: J22InSpirit

J22InSpirit
3 weeks ago#15
Wow. Is Honda that bad/cheap? I haven't played V in a long time. Maybe I'll check out some YouTube vids of him.
Shemoth 14:14 "Yahuah fights for you, and you keep silent."

User Info: bobaban

bobaban
3 weeks ago#16
I feel like he is scrub king mode. So unpublishable, like wtf were they thinking.

User Info: Monster-one

Monster-one
3 weeks ago#17
His l headbutt if badly spaced can be punished with cr lp. The m version may be harder to punish but it will always be your turn on block. So you can walk up and throw, or walk up and press your st mk, or if you walk closer st mp.
Your pp anti air should be able to deal with his buttslam, the ex pp should be able to deal with the ex versions. In addition to having a better low threat if you pick vt2 you can anti air him and cancel it into vt2 which does damage and gives you knockdown and oki.

Your buttons in the neutral are superior to his, st mk and st hp should pretty much own him, and you can created spaced whiff punish situations by ending your normals in v skill then press buttons if the honda presses his own. Or lock him down with with psycho kugel (shotgun shot), which can also create spaced whiff punishable situations and does some damage ob.

In the neutral his st hk is really the only major threat, its slower than your but most importantly it's -7 ob, so if you have vt2 you can punish it easily with cr mk. If not, if he badly spaces do st lk into pp.
Just wait your damn turn Jesus Christ...

Every character has to give up their turn eventually, even the ones with actual stupid buttons like Bison and Rashid.

User Info: Dantheman5903

Dantheman5903
3 weeks ago#19
I dont know why are people whinging about Honda, considering he has had the same moveset since sf2. His spash and headbutt are nothing new. In fact, the range of his hundred hand slap is considerably reduced in SF5.

I play Honda time to time and i will be honest , he is fun. No long combos required to do damage,only timing and spacing.

His normals apart from st lk are all minimum 5 frames, slower than most of the cast. So if you cannot deal with his headbutts, sumo splashes and throws, you need more lab time.

User Info: Vulcan422

Vulcan422
3 weeks ago#20
Honda is fine.
SF5: M. Bison, Guile, Urien, Sakura | T7: Kazumi, Dragunov, Feng, Shaheen | SamSho: Genjuro, Jubei, Haohmaru
  1. Boards
  2. Street Fighter V
  3. E honda is everything wrong with the game.
  • Post New Message