The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Street Fighter V
  3. E honda is everything wrong with the game.

User Info: AceByTheBay

AceByTheBay
1 month ago#1
Name mechanics you don't like about the game, then tell me if E Honda has them.

Things I hate about the game (doesn't reward skill):

Free get in, no footsies needed / low risk (nearly unpunishable) / high reward moves you can cancel, easy mode anti air (same abusive move), crush counters in neutral, unreactable air moves that has extreme amount of active frames where it just anti airs you instantly (similar to M Bison's head crush), throw meta, abusive dash, reward for doing the spammy moves instead out neutraling, extreme VT comeback VT, (unreactable things with extreme reward like Ibuki VT2), can cancel the said extreme VT comeback move from a blocked minus move just like most of M Bison moves, basically like having raging demon on cancel ready with extreme reward, insane oki where you're forced to hold the plus frames and 50/50 (literally command grab or hit).

I can name PLENTY more things and No, it's not a salt post, I kill plenty of E hondas (with fundamentals), unfortunately they're close matches due to the stuff above.

Anyways these are things I think are braindead about the game (doesn't reward skill / fighting game knowledge, can yolo to win) type of things.

Please don't say, "I love the way SF5 mechanics are, I love fighting these type of things instead of good footsies and a skill based match!" (Don't even sarcasm it either)

Topic at hand, E Honda is everything wrong with the game.

1) Name things you think is fundamentally wrong (doesn't reward fundamentals / feel cheated) in the game.

2) Does E Honda have them?

User Info: Stephen707

Stephen707
1 month ago#2
Who do you play?
CFN: CrazyDiamond707

AceByTheBay
1 month ago#3
Stephen707 posted...
Who do you play?

Falke

User Info: Stephen707

Stephen707
1 month ago#4
@Josephiroth
Would you mind giving them a few tips on how to approach the Honda match-up? Please and thank you.
CFN: CrazyDiamond707

User Info: StrangerDanger2

StrangerDanger2
1 month ago#5
How do you say this game doesn’t reward skill but in the same post say you kill E Honda’s because of your fundamentals? Lol

User Info: NoizyChild

NoizyChild
1 month ago#6
Shut the f*** up and get better at matchups.
https://game.capcom.com/cfn/sfv/profile/RxGNoizyChild

AceByTheBay
1 month ago#7
StrangerDanger2 posted...
How do you say this game doesn’t reward skill but in the same post say you kill E Honda’s because of your fundamentals? Lol

It's called out playing your opponent. I beat the opponent. His character is what's wrong.

Once again, this not a personal post about a specific player, this is about the character itself and the character having what's abusive about the game.

User Info: playboydojo

playboydojo
1 month ago#8
AceByTheBay posted...
It's called out playing your opponent. I beat the opponent.

Okay, but was your skill rewarded with a win?
...and then I said, "Oatmeal? Are you crazy?!"

User Info: indie_animator

indie_animator
1 month ago#9
I've had a tough time w/Honda in vs.
Considered maining or subbing him.
PBDojo is quite good w/using him, at least vs me!

Tips to deal w/him would be great.
Guess using lights to check dash command grab is something.
And keeping up offense to shut down his. But those are pretty general.
Game art: tangerinepop.com (Art & writing: wattpad.com/user/jettmanas) (CFN: indie_animator) jettmanas on YouTube (PSN: cpnsleepy)

User Info: playboydojo

playboydojo
1 month ago#10
Hold, hold up, hold the hell up!

You say you play Falke and this game doesn't reward skill.

How are you complaining about Honda having command grab mixups, VT comebacks, crush counters in neutral, or just straight blowing through neutral somehow and playing like a crack addict...

When it was only a couple months ago, you played Laura, wtf?

indie_animator posted...
Considered maining or subbing him.

I've been trying to get you to see the light for a while now, brother!
...and then I said, "Oatmeal? Are you crazy?!"
  1. Boards
  2. Street Fighter V
  3. E honda is everything wrong with the game.
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Answers