• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Street Fighter V
  3. What advantages does Kage have over Akuma?

User Info: originalhipster

originalhipster
1 month ago#1
Why use Kage over Akuma? Akuma deals more damage in more practical scenarios. He has better pokes. His air game is way better. At top level tournaments Akuma does way better as well. And they play very similar too, it just seems Kage is a worse Akuma.
I was a hipster way before it was cool.

User Info: KiryuinsDoorMat

KiryuinsDoorMat
1 month ago#2
For the erection you get when you finally land that mixup you been working on.
I hold you accountable for any damage done to my floof!

User Info: Vulcan422

Vulcan422
1 month ago#3
Kage and Akuma do not play similarly, in ANY regard.

Akuma is more well-rounded and has a billion options for every situation, allowing for a wide variety of play styles. Kage is about pure, nonstop aggression, making the opponent guess and trying to gain momentum off of every mistake they make.

Simply put, Akuma doesn't have to rely on gimmicks as much as Kage does. Even without access to VT1 or Demon, Akuma doesn't need them to be a threat. Kage, on the other hand, is very reliant on fake mixups, fake frame traps, and VT attributes in order to confuse the opponent or tack on damage.
SF5: M. Bison, Urien | MK11: Noob Saibot | T7: Dragunov, Kazumi | SC6: Mitsurugi, Groh

User Info: lolesports1979

lolesports1979
1 month ago#4
originalhipster posted...
Why use Kage over Akuma? .

You dont!
blood is thick but syrup is thicker, think about it

User Info: MLaw3k

MLaw3k
1 month ago#5
Why would you use any shoto over Akuma?
FC: 0619-9740-9545

User Info: k_goku

k_goku
1 month ago#6
MLaw3k posted...
Why would you use any shoto over Akuma?

Because I like Ryu more than Akuma. So....

User Info: nhat

nhat
1 month ago#7
Kage's Raging Demon can be combo'd. I think his pressure is a little better outside of VT. I do think they need to buff Kage some, maybe give him more range on some of his normals
PSO- 09

User Info: Damastah101

Damastah101
1 month ago#8
MLaw3k posted...
Why would you use any character with an uppercut/DP and fireball over Guile?
CFN(Steam): KnightOfMonika | Bison, Karin, Abigail, Kage
AE Waifu Tier List - https://i.imgur.com/rIJLVuo.jpg Switch FC: SW-2570-3591-5720

User Info: Ebilryu

Ebilryu
1 month ago#9
nhat posted...
Kage's Raging Demon can be combo'd. I think his pressure is a little better outside of VT. I do think they need to buff Kage some, maybe give him more range on some of his normals

Better pressure than akuma?
I don't agree with that.
I do agree that kage needs more range on his fireballs and his c.mk though.
  1. Boards
  2. Street Fighter V
  3. What advantages does Kage have over Akuma?
  • Topic Archived