• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Street Fighter V
  3. What should Capcom's next big fighting game be?

User Info: DemonCurse69

DemonCurse69
1 month ago#71
SpiralSwords posted...
lolesports1979 posted...
I definitely would not want them anywhere near vampire saviour or darkstalkers, you honestly think they could ever make a game like that again?

I wish I had your faith in capcom

Capcom has been killing it lately. I don't see why it's impossible for them to make a good Darkstalkers game if the right people are put on the project.

After losing Mikami, Kamiya, and Inafune, it took them a long ass time for those series to get back on track. We still haven't gotten ZX3, Dino Crisis is dead and buried, and Viewtiful Joe... Poor Viewtiful Joe...
Don't be a Dork Dick

User Info: SpiralSwords

SpiralSwords
1 month ago#72
Yes, but the fact that they're moving in the right direction is what matters.

I see people say Capcom should never touch their older IPS because they might ruin them, while also seeing people go on about how Capcom needs to give certain franchises a rest to revive older IPS.
"I ain't INTERESTED in a buncha scrubs like you!!"-Cloud Strife

User Info: KiryuinsDoorMat

KiryuinsDoorMat
1 month ago#73
SpiralSwords posted...
I see people say Capcom should never touch their older IPS because they might ruin them, while also seeing people go on about how Capcom needs to give certain franchises a rest to revive older IPS.

Personally, I feel both ways. I would really like to see another Power Stone, Dino Crisis, Okami, PN03 or some other things. But I feel so attached to Breath of Fire and I think so highly of Darkstalkers that I just...would rather they try to revive Power Stone, Dino Crisis, Okami, or PN03.
I hold you accountable for any damage done to my floof!

User Info: k_goku

k_goku
1 month ago#74
No brainer for me: Capcom VS SNK 3.

User Info: Duallton

Duallton
1 month ago#75
DemonCurse69 posted...
SpiralSwords posted...
lolesports1979 posted...
I definitely would not want them anywhere near vampire saviour or darkstalkers, you honestly think they could ever make a game like that again?

Capcom has been killing it lately. I don't see why it's impossible for them to make a good Darkstalkers game if the right people are put on the project.

After losing Mikami, Kamiya, and Inafune, it took them a long ass time for those series to get back on track. We still haven't gotten ZX3, Dino Crisis is dead and buried, and Viewtiful Joe... Poor Viewtiful Joe...

Inafune was one of the biggest reasons for why Capcom was so bad with their ips in the last gen.
Not changing this signature until Atlus announce a P3/P4 HD Collection for PS4

User Info: Kingslime304

Kingslime304
1 month ago#76
There was a Street Fighter vs. All Capcom mobile game that didn’t went far.

Not sure if that’s already mentioned.

User Info: DarkDoc

DarkDoc
1 month ago#77
You mean Puzzle Fighter? Yeah, that was cancelled within a year.

User Info: Sonnyb4u

Sonnyb4u
1 month ago#78
Kingslime304 posted...
There was a Street Fighter vs. All Capcom mobile game that didn’t went far.

Not sure if that’s already mentioned.

DarkDoc posted...
You mean Puzzle Fighter? Yeah, that was cancelled within a year.

Capcom continues to make temporary mobile games. We get a new one here in Japan once or twice a year. They are announced with a suspension date

User Info: DemonCurse69

DemonCurse69
1 month ago#79
Duallton posted...
DemonCurse69 posted...
SpiralSwords posted...
lolesports1979 posted...

Inafune was one of the biggest reasons for why Capcom was so bad with their ips in the last gen.

I mean he wasn't exactly wrong. Japanese studios started to flounder last gen and the west has taken over. He saw the writing on wall. His biggest mistakes were trying to westernize very Japanese games like that Mega Man X FPS and DmC. Instead Capcom should have created new IPs that catered to western tastes like RE. Speaking of RE, that falls completely on Capcom f***ing Mikami over. So glad it managed to rebound.
Don't be a Dork Dick

User Info: KiryuinsDoorMat

KiryuinsDoorMat
1 month ago#80
Wasn't Inafune one of the ones that was also pushing mobile for, like, a decade, only for Capcom to state in just about every earnings call that mobil profits were soft?
I hold you accountable for any damage done to my floof!
  1. Boards
  2. Street Fighter V
  3. What should Capcom's next big fighting game be?
  • Topic Archived