You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Street Fighter V
  3. So did the game die with Kage or what's going on?

User Info: pirofyre978

pirofyre978
4 weeks ago#1
I haven't been following but it looks like the concept of seasons is at least dead. We're 1/3 of the way through the year and no new characters yet. Is SFV over?

User Info: nhat

nhat
4 weeks ago#2
No as you can see there’s the cpt, sfl, bimonthly big fixes, new costumes, etc. yea it’s not a new character but if Capcom really dropped SFV they won’t waste over 500k on cpt alone
PSO- 09

User Info: Duallton

Duallton
4 weeks ago#3
I still believe we will get at least one more new character, they can't let the select screen looking like this forever.
Not changing this signature until Atlus announce a P3/P4 HD Collection for PS4

User Info: Sonnyb4u

Sonnyb4u
4 weeks ago#4
pirofyre978 posted...
Is SFV over

SFV is fine. Season 4 is moving along.

Every other aspect, besides the release of new charscters, is moving well.
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: pirofyre978

pirofyre978
4 weeks ago#5
Well so it's basically dead then? I mean for the average player? Sure there's tournament stuff but for you and me aside from a new costume there's no much more to look forward to? I liked the anticipation of seeing new characters each year. That's what really kept the game alive and fresh for me. I'm not a tourney player.

User Info: Lyrica

Lyrica
4 weeks ago#6
pirofyre978 posted...
Well so it's basically dead then? I mean for the average player? Sure there's tournament stuff but for you and me aside from a new costume there's no much more to look forward to? I liked the anticipation of seeing new characters each year. That's what really kept the game alive and fresh for me. I'm not a tourney player.

This is exactly one of the reasons why I stopped playing after Kage was released with no word on future characters. The game is pretty much dead (or on hiatus) to me. I couldn't care less about Capcom's dealings with the CPT or whatever fashion business deal Capcom has. Those things don't interest or affect me as a home player. I still check in every couple of months for news on characters. Still nothing I see.
The 11th commandment: https://i.imgtc.com/6rDV9dV.jpg
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: Vulcan422

Vulcan422
4 weeks ago#7
This game isn't dead. It's going to continue going until Capcom themselves say they are dropping support for it.

That being said, this game has been fairly polarizing. Not just to casual players, but also to the competitive scene as well. The competitive scene, however, is more willing to keep an open mind and accept the game for what it is while adapting accordingly. Single player content is sparse and not very entertaining, but the argument can also be made that caring only about single player is a short-sighted viewpoint. In terms of the gameplay itself, your options are more limited, and all the cards appear to be laid out on the table for you. It feels like the developers' intention is to force you to play the way THEY want you to, instead of allowing for a more free-form experience that lets you be creative with how you play your character. While Capcom has made the argument that it was done to make the game easier, it has had the opposite effect: it's become HARDER because your options are more limited.
SF5: M. Bison, Urien | MK11: Noob Saibot | T7: Dragunov, Kazumi | SC6: Mitsurugi, Groh

User Info: Sonnyb4u

Sonnyb4u
4 weeks ago#8
pirofyre978 posted...
Well so it's basically dead then? I mean for the average player

Is SF2 dead? Is SF4 dead?

These fighting games (especially have been entertaining on their own without endless character reveals because of their limitless gameplay.

I don't see why all of a sudden that a lack of a character reveal equals the game is dead.
Especially in this case, where Capcom is actively supporting various aspects of the game.

Is this a symptom of this new insta/ADD generation?
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: QJD1381

QJD1381
4 weeks ago#9
Kage was anti-hype incarnate.
The official Dr. Mario of the Super Smash Brothers Ultimate Board.
If you will not fight, you will meet your destiny.
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: fohstick

fohstick
4 weeks ago#10
SFV's tournament scene is very big and exciting now. The game is far from dead. It's only the people who don't even play SFV are always complaining, begging for characters, and never being satisfied
(edited 4 weeks ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Street Fighter V
  3. So did the game die with Kage or what's going on?