• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Street Fighter V
  3. Arcade Edition question and character question

User Info: dolomick

dolomick
1 month ago#1
So I bought the $20 arcade edition on the PS4 store because I wasn't sure if I would like the game after not playing since SFII. Now I wish I had more characters available to try out to see who I might main. Buying all the season passes is more money than just shelling out for the deluxe edition, but the PS4 store won't let me buy the deluxe since I already have Arcade installed.

It seems like if I bought the physical copy of arcade I would have received a passcode for season 1 and 2 characters, but since I bought digital I don't? Is that correct? If so, what a crock.

Does anyone know if I delete Arcade, would it then let me buy deluxe?

On another topic, I chose Necalli after using Chun Li for a week or so, because he has strong health and power, and I felt like I was having to work too hard with Chun Li. I figured someone with good health and power would help since my defense is rusty and I'm not going to be great at offense either while I'm learning combos. Necalli is a bit boring however. When looking at other players to consider, how much attention should I be paying to the health and power rankings on this page https://streetfighter.com/characters/

Does it really matter that much, or does my strategy to focus on those characteristics make sense? Thanks!

User Info: SpiralSwords

SpiralSwords
1 month ago#2
You should've gotten the passcode for S1 and S2 with the digital. Did you check your email?
"I ain't INTERESTED in a buncha scrubs like you!!"-Cloud Strife

User Info: Holtbeast70

Holtbeast70
1 month ago#3
Those rankings don't really mean much. I'd just stick with who you find fun. Start with Birdie imo

User Info: playboydojo

playboydojo
1 month ago#4
Ignore those rankings, but I do suggest sticking it out with Necalli until you've learned the game enough to know who you really want to play. Necalli has a versatile and balanced kit that comes with almost everything and is straightforward enough without much of a barrier to entry like Chun.

And then do what everyone else has done and drop him. I swear, I never see this guy anywhere. I see Menat more.
...and then I said, "Oatmeal? Are you crazy?!"

User Info: dolomick

dolomick
1 month ago#5
I just checked my email and see nothing of the codes, so I am waiting to chat with sony tech support.

Thanks for the help and advice. I do think Necalli's got a fairly versatile, although limited set of tools. Like seriously, looking at everyone's move lists, I think his actually has the least amount of moves of maybe the entire cast.

User Info: haimara

haimara
1 month ago#6
raw moves isn't as important as amount of tools, and necalli has almost every single one in some way. he has a pseudo-projectile with his ground pound, he has a dp, he has a command grab, he has a divekick, he has some really good pressure buttons. his main weakness is his normals can be stubby but his st.hk is pretty strong. a little bit of everything but they're all very average. he's a very rounded character, which is what makes ppl feel like he's pretty boring. he doesn't excel at anything except V trigger where he gets turbo walk & dash speed and really good damage

i think he's a good character for learning the game, and since he has a little bit of everything you can see what parts of him you like and pick someone else later on that excels in that area

User Info: Sonnyb4u

Sonnyb4u
1 month ago#7
dolomick posted...
. I do think Necalli's got a fairly versatile, although limited set of tools. Like seriously, looking at everyone's move lists, I think his actually has the least amount of moves of maybe the entire cast

with Street Fighter.. The moves list isn't really reflective of a characters potential

User Info: SerenitySays

SerenitySays
1 month ago#8
Yeah, the amount of moves that a character has doesn't mean anything. Guile is basically known for two special moves: Flash Kick and Sonic Boom. Yet, he's easily one of the most effective characters to use in the game.
http://media3.giphy.com/media/oJeiwbgApnDHy/giphy.gif

User Info: haimara

haimara
1 month ago#9
SerenitySays posted...
Yeah, the amount of moves that a character has doesn't mean anything. Guile is basically known for two special moves: Flash Kick and Sonic Boom. Yet, he's easily one of the most effective characters to use in the game.

to be fair he has one of the longest lists of command normals & target combos to make up for it

User Info: DarkDoc

DarkDoc
1 month ago#10
Yeah, with a new copy of Arcade Edition you're supposed to get both of the first two seasons of characters (12 extras, total 28).

If it was a used copy you will just get the base 16 because Capcom.

IMO S3 has some of the best characters, but you can buy those for free with Fight Money. Best to stick with what you have.

For characters, there are a few overlooked ones. Nash and Kolin are both good. Maybe also Urien and Cody. But it's totally up to you.I'd suggest playing on npthing but random select for 2 weeks. Then at the end you can see who you won with, and who you like most.
  1. Boards
  2. Street Fighter V
  3. Arcade Edition question and character question
  • Topic Archived