• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Street Fighter V
  3. Zangief's Spinning Larriet

User Info: GamingVet

GamingVet
1 month ago#1
This move seems to hit on everything. Is it just overpowered or is there an option I'm not aware of. I use Blanka and what was once an easy match-up has become a nightmare.

User Info: FritesMayo

FritesMayo
1 month ago#2
I must have a bad timing cause it's always 50/50 chance of success as an anti air..

User Info: DarkDoc

DarkDoc
1 month ago#3
I don't find it great when I use it

User Info: Marozi

Marozi
1 month ago#4
Lariat is invulnerable to fireballs and upper body invulnerable. Don't jump at Gief unless he's been knocked down. It's incredibly unsafe on block and has a f***ton of recovery, so if you can bait one out, you can get a gigantic punishment on it.
GT: Moondogtk PSN: Moondogtk: SFV: MovesLikeHaggar

FritesMayo
1 month ago#5
Marozi posted...
Lariat is invulnerable to fireballs and upper body invulnerable.

Are you sure?
I often get hit on the arm/head while trying to anti air or at best i got double hit

User Info: KiryuinsDoorMat

KiryuinsDoorMat
1 month ago#6
FritesMayo posted...

I often get hit on the arm/head while trying to anti air or at best i got double hit

Like many AA specials, you should try to do it as late as possible, because the upper body invulnerability doesn't last long.
I hold you accountable for any damage done to my floof!

FritesMayo
1 month ago#7
KiryuinsDoorMat posted...
FritesMayo posted...

Like many AA specials, you should try to do it as late as possible, because the upper body invulnerability doesn't last long.

I must be too earlyn thanks for the information

User Info: Nerp

Nerp
1 month ago#8
DarkDoc posted...
I don't find it great when I use it

It tends to consistently whiff when you don't own the game.
Steam Name: Tulu Flulu, PSN: FreightTrainEX
SFV Main: G., F.A.N.G.

User Info: fohstick

fohstick
1 month ago#9
lariat has an exposed hurtbox directly at zangief's head. With the right spacing, you can hit him while he lariats
  1. Boards
  2. Street Fighter V
  3. Zangief's Spinning Larriet
  • Topic Archived