You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Street Fighter V
  3. Real question: How many characters is "enough"?

User Info: Marozi

Marozi
4 weeks ago#91
mooreandrew58 posted...
To the people saying 1 more to even out the screen. What if it was Dan. Or else furete (spelling?)

El Fuerte would be awesome.
GT: Moondogtk PSN: Moondogtk: SFV: MovesLikeHaggar

User Info: mooreandrew58

mooreandrew58
4 weeks ago#92
Marozi posted...
mooreandrew58 posted...
To the people saying 1 more to even out the screen. What if it was Dan. Or else furete (spelling?)

What about Dan? I'd buy him if im being honest. As much as he sucked he always amused me. Then again you can't taunt in this unless im missing something. They better at least make one of his moves a taunt if they do add him.
Cid- "looks like that overgrown lobster just got served!" Bartz-"with cheese biscuts AND mashed potatoes!"

User Info: aton_ra

aton_ra
4 weeks ago#93
It's not about how many, it's about which ones.
All heroes have established their thrones atop not just their enemies, but a large quantity of allied corpses as well. There are no monarchs with clean hands.

User Info: defauIt

defauIt
4 weeks ago#94
Honda is enough

mooreandrew58
4 weeks ago#95
defauIt posted...
Honda is enough

Hea one of those characters I'd probably not even notice if they never brought back. Hell I forgot about him with this game. Didn't notice he was absent until you said something.
Cid- "looks like that overgrown lobster just got served!" Bartz-"with cheese biscuts AND mashed potatoes!"

User Info: defauIt

defauIt
4 weeks ago#96
mooreandrew58 posted...
defauIt posted...
Honda is enough

Hea one of those characters I'd probably not even notice if they never brought back. Hell I forgot about him with this game. Didn't notice he was absent until you said something.

Theyd probably make him suck anyway :( if they did even release him

Well probably get characters I hate like yun decapre, a grappler

mooreandrew58
4 weeks ago#97
defauIt posted...
mooreandrew58 posted...
defauIt posted...
Honda is enough

Theyd probably make him suck anyway :( if they did even release him

Well probably get characters I hate like yun decapre, a grappler

I personally won't miss him. Hell I don't even care about dhalshim and I'd notice his absence quicker just because I've always liked his stretchy gimmick

I would rather see Honda though than fei long or Dee jay.

User Info: Marozi

Marozi
4 weeks ago#98
mooreandrew58 posted...
Marozi posted...
mooreandrew58 posted...

What about Dan? I'd buy him if im being honest. As much as he sucked he always amused me. Then again you can't taunt in this unless im missing something. They better at least make one of his moves a taunt if they do add him.

Unless they make him good, there's no reason to bother adding joke characters imo.

You can taunt by pressing every attack button at the same time, btw.
GT: Moondogtk PSN: Moondogtk: SFV: MovesLikeHaggar

mooreandrew58
4 weeks ago#99
Marozi posted...
mooreandrew58 posted...
Marozi posted...
mooreandrew58 posted...

Unless they make him good, there's no reason to bother adding joke characters imo.

You can taunt by pressing every attack button at the same time, btw.

Thanks that bothered me. Idk why I didn't try l1 and l2 at the same time. Think it was r1 and 2 in SF 3 and that's what made me think it wasn't there.

And dan I understand was actually popular with some higher skilled players because it gave them a challenge. Plus it's fun to troll people with him nobody likes losing to Dan

I always had this idea though they should make Dan a secret boss like he either got trained by Oro or somehow tapped into satsui no hado. Make it non Canon of course but it would be amusing.

Edit. Either way I dont feel every character has to be viable for high level play. Some of us don't care about tiers or competition. Dan was just always fun to me. I'd still rather have poison though
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: DarkDoc

DarkDoc
4 weeks ago#100
^ yeah, true. Capcom's obsession with "high level play" is the main reason this game is so bad. They literally made no attempt to make a game normal people would enjoy, and every other problem stems from there.

mooreandrew58 posted...
I always had this idea though they should make Dan a secret boss like he either got trained by Oro or somehow tapped into satsui no hado.

His first appearance was exactly that.

If Dan's concept is to be the opposite of Akuma, they should make him with really high health. Like, more than Zangief.
(edited 4 weeks ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Street Fighter V
  3. Real question: How many characters is "enough"?