You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Street Fighter V
  3. Real question: How many characters is "enough"?

User Info: mooreandrew58

mooreandrew58
4 weeks ago#51
Bass_X0 posted...
nhat posted...
Basically when all the previous characters from past SF games are all in the latest version

That’s not going to happen. Capcom has created too many characters to be in a single game.

Yeah especially as dlc. I liked hakan I think his name was in 4 but I doubt he's popular enough to make any decent money off of. And even I'd be skeptical of paying for unless he was surrounded by other good characters in a season pass.

I'd also probably be one of the very few interested in Remy.
Cid- "looks like that overgrown lobster just got served!" Bartz-"with cheese biscuts AND mashed potatoes!"

User Info: Genzanin

Genzanin
4 weeks ago#52
@Benify
Uhm
if you count variations as single chars for MK

Also should apply to
Different Vtriggers for SF

IMHO
In both cases it s stretching it a bit
www.serateotaku.it GUNDAM ONE YEAR WAR We didn't spare nothing to the white mobile suit,huge fun!!!
PS4 Eur Community"Gundam Versus Italia" join now!!

User Info: Nerp

Nerp
4 weeks ago#53
Benify posted...
Let me spell it out for yall

SFV - 35 characters
MKX - 100 characters

Your math is ass and a half.
Steam Name: Tulu Flulu, PSN: FreightTrainEX
SFV Main: G., F.A.N.G.

User Info: TrueBURP

TrueBURP
4 weeks ago#54
I just wished they would add at least one more, because looking at the character select screen and not having the same number of characters on each side is really messing with my OCD.
SCREAM POETRY...

User Info: DarkDoc

DarkDoc
4 weeks ago#55
Bass_X0 posted...
DarkDoc posted...
Nobody ever said "Super Turbo really needs more characters". Nobody ever said "Alpha 3 Max really needs more characters". Nobody ever said "Ultra SF4 really needs more characters". Actually, as a Random Select player, I find USF4 too big.

I said all that.

Yeah, but that was never the problem with any of those games. SFA3's problems won't be solved by adding Retsu. And it's not that USF4 was short of characters.

Anyway, the real answer to this question: one person can't give the true answer. You need to consult a large number of people. Nobody uses every character, in fact 40% of people only use one character.

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/895976-street-fighter-v/77214058

Most people are happy with one character. Hell, if that one character is Ryu then already 11% of people are happy.

BUT - that's not the same thing as how many the game needs. More characters means more people are happy with the game (ie more sales), and it means more people play it (ie more people online), and more variety of opponents (ie better online). More is better.

User Info: TomBradyGOAT

TomBradyGOAT
4 weeks ago#56
Add Rose, Hugo, Guy, Adon, C viper, and poison and the roster is good.
-Tom Brady is the undisputed G.O.A.T QB. The NFL is the greatest entertainment EVER!
-Shantae is NEVER getting into Smash Bros.

User Info: Dantheman5903

Dantheman5903
4 weeks ago#57
Well, kof 14 has a roster of 50 plus, as does tekken . Very few clones too.

It can be done. Imagine a Street Fighter 6 with 50 plus characters at launch plus doc.

User Info: mooreandrew58

mooreandrew58
4 weeks ago#58
Dantheman5903 posted...

It can be done. Imagine a Street Fighter 6 with 50 plus characters at launch plus doc.

I really intrigued by which route 6 will go. And that route will help determine which characters are in or out (base roster at least) just beat the shadow falls general story and I felt the way the credits scene was handled we will be seeing gill next game. Seemed more of a cliffhanger than just a nod to where the story ends up as we know. I just wonder if it will be a prequel or sequel to 3
Cid- "looks like that overgrown lobster just got served!" Bartz-"with cheese biscuts AND mashed potatoes!"
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: TomBradyGOAT

TomBradyGOAT
4 weeks ago#59
Dantheman5903 posted...

Lmao, you know half the roster is going to be locked behind a paywall or an outrageous amount of FM if they even continue that.
-Tom Brady is the undisputed G.O.A.T QB. The NFL is the greatest entertainment EVER!
-Shantae is NEVER getting into Smash Bros.

User Info: Bass_X0

Bass_X0
4 weeks ago#60
TomBradyGOAT posted...
Dantheman5903 posted...

Lmao, you know half the roster is going to be locked behind a paywall or an outrageous amount of FM if they even continue that.

Technically, over half the cast is locked behind a paywall in SFII. The first game only had eight characters and you had to keep paying and paying and paying to get the whole cast.
"Well, it's not a bad game. It's made by Capcom, so how could it?" ~ AVGN
  1. Boards
  2. Street Fighter V
  3. Real question: How many characters is "enough"?