• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Street Fighter V
  3. Why does the Street Fighter Community prefer SFV over SF4?
(message deleted)

User Info: TomBradyGOAT

TomBradyGOAT
1 month ago#12
I dont. This game is atrocious, it dosent even feel or look like a street fighter game. The artstyle is garbage, wheres the announcers voice that every street fighter game had? Roster is unbalanced as f***. At least in SF4 I felt like I had a chance with just about any character. I dont even know wtf this game is.
-Tom Brady is the undisputed G.O.A.T QB. The NFL is the greatest entertainment EVER!
-Shantae is NEVER getting into Smash Bros.

User Info: lindaluv

lindaluv
1 month ago#13
SF4 had an interesting graphical style for its time... but its how technical the game was that put alot of people off. SFV appealing to a more casual crowd and bringing in more players is making the few who want easy wins cause they can invest thousands of hours into practicing the game are the only ones who still love SF4 more and hate on SF5.

Both games are fun and great but I think outside of SF5 terrible release... it is the best SF to date honestly.
MolaMadara : Punkin (200 - Strider) - http://i.imgur.com/peZhp.jpg
MulaMadara : Deneb (25 - Sorc)

User Info: TomBradyGOAT

TomBradyGOAT
1 month ago#14
lindaluv posted...
SF4 had an interesting graphical style for its time... but its how technical the game was that put alot of people off. SFV appealing to a more casual crowd and bringing in more players is making the few who want easy wins cause they can invest thousands of hours into practicing the game are the only ones who still love SF4 more and hate on SF5.

Both games are fun and great but I think outside of SF5 terrible release... it is the best SF to date honestly.

It wasn't even that technical though. Third strike was harder to execute in than 4. Plus 4 had plenty of easy characters to use and get into like poison, rose, cammy, decapre and the shotos.
-Tom Brady is the undisputed G.O.A.T QB. The NFL is the greatest entertainment EVER!
-Shantae is NEVER getting into Smash Bros.

User Info: wandafan89

wandafan89
1 month ago#15
SF4 game engine favors vortex and turtle style characters. Ultra was the best but people still felt the pain.

And then ultras meant supers weren't as important as in past games and ex were what most people were using there meter for along with FADC.

FADC hurt your poke and grappler archetypes as well as your midrange footsie characters.

User Info: Vulcan422

Vulcan422
1 month ago#16
DanishCookies posted...
Noticed in the Final Round Twitch chat everybody is sh!tting on USF4 and bigging up SFV

SF4's time has passed, and it hasn't really aged well. In high level it's mostly just option selects and Elena.

The only thing tho is people seem to want the "take the throw" gone from SFV so maybe by Ultra SFV nobody will care about SF4 or any other fighting game for that matter.

"Take the throw" has been a concept ever since Alpha 3 when they added 2 button throws. You even saw it in 3rd Strike and SF4. It's just more prominent in SF5 due to how strong shimmies, meaties, and Crush Counters are.

I mean I know SF4 was garbage from graphics to 1F gameplay but was it THAT bad?

It's not as bad as people make it out to be, but it is definitely not one of the better SFs.
Smash is not a fighting game.
SF5: M. Bison, Urien | T7: Dragunov, Kazumi, Negan | SC6: Mitsurugi, Groh

User Info: CLupula

CLupula
1 month ago#17
SFIV was really fun, but it's not as good as SFV.

Plus, FADC was a s*** mechanic.

User Info: nhat

nhat
1 month ago#18
@Ben Reilly posted...
DarkDoc posted...
Stop with the constant troll threads.

https://giphy.com/gifs/9G3wg7lH5DpxC

LMAO
PSO- 09

User Info: michaelangelo

michaelangelo
1 month ago#19
SFV does take a warm runny s*** on SFIV. I literally can't play it after playing V.
  1. Boards
  2. Street Fighter V
  3. Why does the Street Fighter Community prefer SFV over SF4?
  • Topic Archived