• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Street Fighter V
  3. Rate SFV Story Theme: Brazilian Heat(Laura's Theme)

User Info: LouieKablouie

LouieKablouie
1 month ago#1
How would you Rate Brazilian Heat on a 1-10 scale? - Results (18 votes)
44.44% (8 votes)
0% (0 votes)
0% (0 votes)
5.56% (1 vote)
0% (0 votes)
5.56% (1 vote)
11.11% (2 votes)
16.67% (3 votes)
5.56% (1 vote)
11.11% (2 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Alright ladies are you ready to work it!!!??

https://youtu.be/12ul45nm_n0

The context in which this theme is used was during Laura and Ken's fight. After a confrontation with the dastardly #2 of Shadaloo. Ken now faces the wrath of the bodacious Brazilian after she misreads the situation she finds her brother in. It's past talking sense into her now, and now it's time to just give her what she wants.

It doesn't waste time setting the mood for an intense brawl. A nice pairing of EDM and bongos with tambourine. You've got yourself a heaping serving of Brazilian hands. Pretty damn appropriate for Laura's introduction. She is another fighter who thirsts for battle and needs no provocation.

We proceed to the bridge and it's fantastic intensifying build up. Reinforcing Laura as an opponent to reckoned with. What sort of threatening chords are we about to hear?.... Really adorable ones. The refrain perfectly describes what it'd feel like to meet Laura for the first time. A tough airhead who is ultimately good natured.

This woman would start a bar fight with the toughest guns in the west just because it'd be fun. It's almost innocent how simple her motivation is. Did Sean even need to be there for her to fight Ken? Maybe she would've fought him anyway.

A lot of people prefer this over her actual theme, and I don't blame them. Laura's love and skill at fighting isn't as highlighted as her naive traits. This track could definitely be used in the future because everyone should witness Laura's wildness at least once.

It gets a 9/10 from me. Honestly all it's missing for me is a little more incorporation of traditional instruments.
Just so you know I didn't get the "What has four wheels and flies? A garbage truck." joke until March 2019.
https://youtu.be/Y5USzqDf9WU

User Info: Shin_Akuma76

Shin_Akuma76
1 month ago#2
Should have been her actual theme. I actually had it modded as such on the PC version for a while.
"I am power made flesh, I will show you how truly weak you are!"
Check out http://www.culturejunkies.net

User Info: THE_PS1_PATRIOT

THE_PS1_PATRIOT
1 month ago#3
Her Normal theme is FAR more lively than this generic stuff.
Warning: I have a different views about stuff so try not to get worked up. OK?

User Info: DarkDoc

DarkDoc
1 month ago#4
Better than her character theme but not as good as her stage theme.
  1. Boards
  2. Street Fighter V
  3. Rate SFV Story Theme: Brazilian Heat(Laura's Theme)
  • Topic Archived