• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Street Fighter V
  3. Just started playing. What's up with the 5 bar connections?

User Info: TwoBit_Samurai

TwoBit_Samurai
1 month ago#1
Most have been fine, a few have been unplayable. Should I just search 3 to 5 and hope that my opponent isn't leeching his neighbors wifi?
Scarlet Arkard/Yojimbo

User Info: DarkDoc

DarkDoc
1 month ago#2
SFV online, lol.

User Info: GanglyKhan

GanglyKhan
1 month ago#3
Set it to 5. At lower ranks, you'll have enough people to pull from to get games. At higher ranks, people actually care about their connection so it won't be an issue turning that filter on if yours is good too.
Now Playing: Persona 3 FES, Katamari Damacy (NS)
Next up: Morrowind

User Info: pizzacat83

pizzacat83
1 month ago#4
paper airplane netcode
SC5: Tira, Maxi, Xianghua ; T7: Gigas, Bear, Yoshimitsu
VF5: Eileen, Jeffry, Blaze ; SF5: I'm over it

User Info: playboydojo

playboydojo
1 month ago#5
TwoBit_Samurai posted...
Should I just search 3 to 5

No. 3 bars qualifies as torture and violates the Geneva Convention.
...and then I said, "Oatmeal? Are you crazy?!"

User Info: Vulcan422

Vulcan422
1 month ago#6
If you're on PC, set it to 4-5 bars since it factors in your PC's performance in addition to the connection quality. Anything 3 and below may cause disruptions.

If you're on console, 5 bars only. Console has lower stability than PC so you'll experience more hiccups at anything below 5 bars, especially against PC players. Console players have a big disadvantage against PC.
Smash is not a fighting game.
SF5: M. Bison, Urien | T7: Dragunov, Kazumi, Negan | SC6: Mitsurugi, Groh

User Info: Hassun

Hassun
1 month ago#7
Set it to 4-5, then set it to manually accepting a match. When you get a hit, you get to see the bars. Wait a second or two to see if the bars drop. If they do, don't accept the match.
Straight to the pointless.

User Info: michaelangelo

michaelangelo
1 month ago#8
I find connection 4-5 matching your same system is the safest way to go. Ps4 to ps4 and pc to pc. Sometimes I open up my ps4 to PC but typically PC players are a little laggier for some reason when I'm on my ps4 (wired).
  1. Boards
  2. Street Fighter V
  3. Just started playing. What's up with the 5 bar connections?
  • Topic Archived