• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Street Fighter V
  3. The Fight Money Situation

User Info: TrueBURP

TrueBURP
1 month ago#21
I think the problem with selling FM right now would be that, with the fighting chance thing they got going on, it would become way too much like gambling. SW Battlefront had that whole problem with loot boxes not so long ago, and I don't know how they're dealing with that issue ever since.
SCREAM POETRY...

User Info: GamingVet

GamingVet
1 month ago#22
Trophy percentages are not fairly representative of that number. That number accounts for every single user profile who played the game. People make dummy accounts for this game to get easy fight money for their character. Some people may have just played it with friends locally. Your stat would suggest that it's nearly impossible to get S1-3. I've earned quite a bit online, but even with all the wins, it pales in comparison to what Capcom gave us in missions and how we could earn fight money in every mode before it was removed. You could get season 1 without even trying.

User Info: Shin_Akuma76

Shin_Akuma76
1 month ago#23
GamingVet posted...
Trophy percentages are not fairly representative of that number. That number accounts for every single user profile who played the game. People make dummy accounts for this game to get easy fight money for their character. Some people may have just played it with friends locally. Your stat would suggest that it's nearly impossible to get S1-3. I've earned quite a bit online, but even with all the wins, it pales in comparison to what Capcom gave us in missions and how we could earn fight money in every mode before it was removed. You could get season 1 without even trying.

What you say is true. However, DarkDoc has been pushing the same narrative from the beginning. I and a few others have pointed out why he’s wrong and yet, he’s still here saying the same thing no matter how many times people explain it to him...
"I am power made flesh, I will show you how truly weak you are!"
Check out http://www.culturejunkies.net

User Info: Dex_McGruder

Dex_McGruder
1 month ago#24
I've been playing since day one. The FM nerfs do suck, to compensate for that I try to earn 500 FM a day. which does help, so I have enough FM to buy characters for seasons 4 and 5 as long as it's six characters per season.
Do what you do.

User Info: DarkDoc

DarkDoc
1 month ago#25
Bass_X0 posted...
I have the trophy and I’ve barely played online.

Great. You did it. So did I. But the other 99.0% of people didn't.

GamingVet posted...
Trophy percentages are not fairly representative of that number. That number accounts for every single user profile who played the game.

Almost. It accounts for every user who has connected their system to the Internet since buying the game. There are some people who never have, therefore trophy numbers are always an overestimation.

GamingVet posted...
People make dummy accounts for this game to get easy fight money for their character.

Actually, the number of CFN accounts was recently published. The number of people with two accounts is extremely small. There are 3.7 million CFN accounts, compared with 2.9 million sales. Take away the number of used game sales and probably only about 10% of players have a second account (or 5% of they have three each).

GamingVet posted...
Your stat would suggest that it's nearly impossible to get S1-3.

Correct. Although it's not my stat. It comes from the servers.

Didn't you see any of the threads complaining about FM?

GamingVet posted...
I've earned quite a bit online

You know how much FM most people earn online? Zero. 82% have never played an online match.

GamingVet posted...
You could get season 1 without even trying.

Yes. I know. 4 characters in just a few days.

And then it all slowed down, to a rate of about 3 characters per year. They came out faster than you could earn them.

User Info: Magnetronous

Magnetronous
1 month ago#26
Yeah... Cutting down on FM supply while keeping the price intact is very Capcom-like. A reduce in prices wouldn't hurt.
Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 1134-7978-7897
Sony PlayStation Network (PSN) ID: Magne-TR-onous
  1. Boards
  2. Street Fighter V
  3. The Fight Money Situation
  • Topic Archived