• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Street Fighter V
  3. Karin Tenko xx Orochi on pad question

User Info: simplyKTG

simplyKTG
1 month ago#1
I have a quick question, with a short story:

I recently switched from stick to pad. I've been using a Hori Fight Commander Pro, and it has helped my game a lot. Still have to get used to it, but my Tenko xx Orochi rate went up from about 10% to about 35%.

I still have trouble with Orochi online. And I see on some streams that some players use QCF LK,LP to get it whereas I do it and either a cLP or a throw comes out. I just use QCF+LK, HP or 3P out of force of habit, but apparently, it's not as accurate.

Am I doing it wrong? Is there something that I'm missing? Or should I just go to a DualShock 4 to play on?

User Info: DemonCurse69

DemonCurse69
1 month ago#2
simplyKTG posted...
I recently switched from stick to pad.

Well, that's the problem right there.
If you're going to make a claim, don't be a dork dick, and make sure to provide a source.

simplyKTG
1 month ago#3
DemonCurse69 posted...
simplyKTG posted...
I recently switched from stick to pad.

Well, that's the problem right there.

Not......helping.

User Info: Coffeemeow

Coffeemeow
1 month ago#4
a Hori FC using Karin player here. Use whatever's comfortable for you but personally I use LK,LP. If a cLP or a throw comes out then the timing's off that's it. Even Punk dropped it sometimes in his old matches and you could see a cLP came out(he rarely drops it anymore though). But you have no problem with instant tenko right? Should be the same feeling with LK and whatever you use. The tricky part is the d pad especially on DS4 for me. Hori FC is way better.

simplyKTG
1 month ago#5
For the instant Tenkos, not really. In fact, I get them more than usual!

I just have trouble getting the Orochi down after the Tenko.
  1. Boards
  2. Street Fighter V
  3. Karin Tenko xx Orochi on pad question
  • Topic Archived